Butt Kicking Tobacco?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A few folks have said 1792...I second them. Peterson's Irish Flake is strong too, though I've only had a few bowl's worth (nic. aside, not much to my personal taste)

I'll back of SG brown ropes and Brown Bogie as being some of the strongest.

I also hear folks say Five Brothers is very strong but I've never tried it.

Had my first bowl of Irish Flake today, exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for all the input. I smoked one flake in a Mastercraft bulldog without the stinger, WOW!!!! It kicked my ...!

WVDAVE":mi1fuw57 said:
Had my first bowl of Irish Flake today, exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for all the input. I smoked one flake in a Mastercraft bulldog without the stinger, WOW!!!! It kicked my ...!
You found Nirvana.

Man does that ever disolve a stressful day. Wake up the next morning a new man.

I think you should try a bowl full of Peter Stokkebye- Luxury Bulls Eye Flake.

Good stuff and good price. :rendeer:

Being somewhat of a nic-wimp, I tend to steer clear of blends that others have said have a strong nicotine presence. Given that body chemistry is a big part of it though, some of those might not have the same impact on me. Still, I want to enjoy my pipe; I do not enjoy feeling sick and puking.

There has been only one tobacco that I've smoked that has been a really heavy hitter in the nicotine department. If you can find a tin of Dunhill's Durbar give it a shot. It's one of the discontinued blends, so you might have to go to a brother who is willing to share, or find a tin on Ebay.

I loved the flavor of that blend. Very full, smoky, and enjoyable...except that after about a half bowl I had to put it down. I guess you could say it kicked my arse.

Mike

You build a tolerance for nicotene. It bangs your skull and your skull gets thicker.

A person can also sensitize themselves to nicotine. I know cause I did it to myself unfortunately and have to be careful of what I smoke. In trying to find some flavorful tobaccos that were low in nicotine, I found the Synjeco website ratings of the strength of the more popular brands to be helpful to me. Conversely you may find it helpful in finding some rump roasters.

Synjeco Tobacco start page

Good luck,
Jim

The posted suggestions are all great advice. I wanted to share a piece from Neill Archer Roan's blog on the "nic-monster."

http://www.apassionforpipes.com/neills-blog/2011/12/19/running-from-the-nicotine-monster.html

If you find yourself reeling from the nicotine in a tobacco you enjoy, try eating some chocolate:
“If you really enjoy the flavor, I might suggest having a piece of chocolate before lighting up. It will help avoid the blood sugar peak and crash that is the cause of most nicotine-related side effects.”

Happy smoking!