buying a estate dunhill

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rikowrites

Reaction score
This is my first message. I am happy to be here and use this resource. I am toying with the idea of buying an estate dunhill. Have any of you done so?

rikowrites":niarxsfd said:
This is my first message. I am happy to be here and use this resource. I am toying with the idea of buying an estate dunhill. Have any of you done so?

Welcome to BoB.
I would only buy an estate Dunhill (older the better).
You'll get a better pipe at a better price.
I have two. I wouldn't buy a new one.

Welcome aboard Reko! I agree, My one Dunhill was bought as an estate and as Hermit said, the older the better. I would look for something at least pre-1980.

Howdy and welcome to the board!

Several folks on the board, including me, have a birth year Dunhill. At your age it becomes a little more difficult but not impossible. Here's a link to help determine the dates of Dunhill pipes if you're not familiar with them--

RD Field's site

Jim

Hello and welcome! I'm with the others on buying estates over newer pipes. The dunhills that I have are all estates and are all excellent smokers.

I ran across a site I shall share Monday Night.. I must order a pipe first from it. This guy is fantastic.. Has all the money he needs in life and sells Dunhill's and more at prices that will make you swoon.. I called today and the guy on the phone said please call Monday as he was running things by himself and I would be setting up an account.. I will share the pipe info with ya soon as its a buy.. There are many good old Estate Dunhills from $175.00 to $400.00 many old boys.. I will put in for a 1953 Dunhill with the site. They look up stuff to find for ya.. Sorry I can't post the site tonight but I am being selfish and want this one Rhodesian pipe for a price that will make you jump up and down.. Then I will share.. :lol!:

I don't have the extra money right now to throw at a big price pipe so this is my chance.. I promise.. I will share Monday Night unless I get hit by lightning.. And it's not supposed to storm tonight.. Okay ???
Chuck

Going out to the back yard with my pipe and some Whiskey n 7.. Yes my pipe.. Looking at the sky today its fantastic..

rikowrites":2xvqobhe said:
A warm welcome to you.

This is the site I came across one of two really.. They carry some nice estate dunhills.

Estate Dunhills

Second Site

Old Dunhills

Guess I am with everyone else. I only have 2 so far, one about 40 years old, the other about 20, both are good smokers, no better or worse than most of my other pipes. I like Dunhills for the classic English shape. I would say you can find a lot of very heavily smoked Dunny's on Ebay sometimes very cheap, but almost all that I have seen that were well restored or sent to a professional restorer ended up looking like a new one.

Oh, and sorry. Welcome to BoB!!

Welcome to BoB! I have six estate Dunnies & am very happy with them. Personally, I won't buy one new.

Welcome to the gang. For estate Dunhills I highly recommend you get in touch with Steve Fallon. He has a consignment ship on ebay under the name of Pipestud's Consignment Shop.