C&D Bow-legged Bear

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LordTemplar

Reaction score
This is probably the worst thing I have every had in my pipe. It is too bitter and the flavors do not blend even though it comes in crumble cakes. I smoked one fourth of it before putting on the shelf to age. I think it just might get better, but I don’t know. I usually like C&D products because they are strong, but this is ridiculous.

I had a similar experience with Old Joe Krantz. A lot of people swear by it but it was so acrid I could not finish the bowl. Letting it sit in jar for several months did not seem to help.

I have heard that C&D tobaccos are more on the "raw" side if that makes any sense. This can make them more harsh for certain palates.

YMMV

BTW I live in the 'Ville as well.

I tried Bow-legged Bear a few years ago and the only thing I remember about it is telling myself to never order a tin of it. It is not my cup of tea. To be fair though, I don't normally go for full English blends.

Okay, sometimes I am wrong. I let C&D’s Bow-legged Bear sit for a few months and then smoked it. Now I have been smoking it every morning. I like it. There are other tobaccos that I hate, but they shall remain nameless.

Just wanted to rectify a comment that I should have waited to make.