C&D Christas Blend announced

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

szyzk

Reaction score
Just a head's up, guys: Cornell & Diehl will begin shipping "Chestnuts Roasting" on or around November 26th to get their first, limited edition Christmas Blend into stores in December. According to the description it's a light aromatic with a smidge of latakia. 2oz tins are limited to 500 total, with 50 8oz tins also being produced.

Not to talk smack on aromatics or blenders who know a hell of a lot more about tobacco than me, but I often wonder why they bother even putting tiny amounts of Latakia in anything considered an aromatic. The only mixture thus far I've even been able to pick out the Latakia that's still on the aromatic side is regular, plain ol' Frog Morton. The sugar and Latakia fight each other tooth and nail, often cancelling each other out, with the sugar usually winning. Unless a ton of Latakia is mixed in. Then it usually displaces the taste buds of those who might want it for its aromatic qualities.

Wet-blanketing aside, I do hope it pleases someone out there. Christmas is a time of years for all kinds to pick up a pipe, even if for a month of fun to never return. It's good for business, so have at it, C&D.

Boy I'm being snarky today. My apologies. :no:

8)

Kyle Weiss":pgl04kpv said:
Not to talk smack on aromatics or blenders who know a hell of a lot more about tobacco than me, but I often wonder why they bother even putting tiny amounts of Latakia in anything considered an aromatic. The only mixture thus far I've even been able to pick out the Latakia that's still on the aromatic side is regular, plain ol' Frog Morton. The sugar and Latakia fight each other tooth and nail, often cancelling each other out, with the sugar usually winning. Unless a ton of Latakia is mixed in. Then it usually displaces the taste buds of those who might want it for its aromatic qualities.

Wet-blanketing aside, I do hope it pleases someone out there. Christmas is a time of years for all kinds to pick up a pipe, even if for a month of fun to never return. It's good for business, so have at it, C&D.

Boy I'm being snarky today. My apologies. :no:

8)
Santa's Naughty List

1. Kyle Weiss... sticks and stones and one lump of coal. check!

Sweet, a-really-difficult-way-to-light-my-pipe-kit. Take that, glass half-empty! :cheers:

:lol:

8)

If it helps, Kyle - and I know you were just being snarky - the idea is that they wanted to provide a touch of the "roasting on an open fire" effect in the blend.

Time will tell if it works.