C&D Interlude

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emerald

Reaction score
My order I posted about came in last week, and I've been thoroughly enjoying H&H Anniversary Kake (enough to order another pound of it) while debating which of the tins to crack open first. After a wee nip of the creature I decided on the 6 month old tin of Interlude, and have been attempting to enjoy it since (minus the gin).
And I'm not getting it. I let it dry just a bit, and it's really doing a number on my tongue. It's a far cry from my early experiences with bulk aro's, but I'm not really discerning any flavor, just a fair, but not excessive, amount of bite. No sweetness, no nothing, though the mouthfeel is pretty full, so I'm getting lots of smoke.
It's disappointing since I've never had anything that wasn't super-cased or improperly smoked (ie, too try, too wet, overpacked) bite me like this before.

What do you all think? Should I keep going with it, or cellar it? I've had about four or five bowls so far, including the one right now.

Have you had much experience with (relatively) straight Virginias before? Not being a smartass or anything, just curious. I find it takes me a little longer to get used to straight burleys and Virginias in some cases. The flavors tend to be more subtle and slightly harder to detect and hone in on to me. I mentioned the same thing in another thread recently, but forget which one otherwise I'd just quote myself just to be obnoxious :lol:

I would suggest giving it another bowl or two. If it still doesn't jive, jar it up and come back to it every couple months or so and try a bowl to see if anything changes. Just FYI, I have not tried interlude... That's just what I would do and do...do, if I am having trouble "getting" a blend.

I've been almost exclusively a Va smoker for the last year or so. Definitely a good question though, I should have specified! However, to be fair, this is the first all-red VA I've had.

I stashed a tin a little over two years ago. Recently cracked it open and wasn't overly impressed. A bit light in the taste department for me, short on Va sweetness. Not a terrible blend but didn't wow me,,,into a ball jar for another year or two and check again.

FWIW : Red Virginia smoked too hard/fast tastes like dry toast. Right on the edge of almost going out is where the flavor lives.

Don't know if that's relevant, but it might be worth a try to see.

:face:

I have smoked a far amount of C&D Va & VaPer tobaccos and that happened to be one. I had a heck of a time with it and several others at first, but settled on Opening Night as my favorite from them in this kind. I do know Red Carpet was the strongest one I tried and just couldn't take it. I did finally finish the tin, but it was a chore.

I finally got to the point with Interlude that it was alright, but not as good as Opening Night or Sunday Picnic from C&D. Some of their seemed to want to make my throat close up, especially Red Carpet and even this one at first, LOL!

I would try to finish the tin if it's a 2 Oz. one and see what you think at the end, but I didn't buy it again, but I did get about a pound of Opening Night and like it. I think it's a lot like GLP's Union Sq. It took me a bit to become friends with this one Opening Night) too though these C&D ones were my first Va's that I tried. I tried U.SQ. a good bit later, but to me they are really close.

Skip

I decided this morning to give it a little drying time and another shot. Much, much better. I'm getting lots of toasted sorts of flavor, and less, for a lack of a better phrase, hot flavors. We'll see if it's a keeper once I finish the tin.