C&D's Black Duck

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

desertpiper

Reaction score
I'm just curious if anyone has tried C&D's Black Duck. I bought a tin, and to me it's pretty nice stuff. It has Latakia, Turkish, and unsweetened black Cavendish. Just looking for opinions.

It's their interpretation of Rattrays Black Mallory. I've wanted to order and never got around to it. If it's anything like their Cordial it's awesome I'm sure.

I've had black chicken before; it really has black skin. Weird bird.

8)

Kyle Weiss":m4bny6fq said:

8)
Probably just left on the grill too long.

I've been eying this blend up for a while. This might push me to pull the trigger in the coming days. Glad to hear you're enjoying it. Cheers

Buckshot":nty8ayhc said:
Kyle Weiss":nty8ayhc said:

8)
Probably just left on the grill too long.
That's just how they grow out there in the desert :twisted: :twisted:

They really don't grow out here in the desert, they just kind of dry out.

2009_03_25-BlackChicken.jpg

Shows how much you all know. :p

http://www.thekitchn.com/whats-the-deal-with-black-chic-80171

8)

Simple Man":c0qajgjb said:
Chickens that were raised around the Nuclear Test Site in Nevada? :lol:

*read the little article, weird, not sure how I'd feel about eating black chicken*
Hahaha, we have these themed license plates here in Nevada, one of them has a Nevada Test Site stint--naturally, I have one. It was originally going to be a huge atomic blast cloud, but that didn't sit well with some folks, so now it's the shape of the site, with nuclei swarming around it.

The black chicken tastes like pheasant, or some other wild gamebird. Pretty derned good!

8)

Kyle Weiss":8306qo3e said:
Simple Man":8306qo3e said:
Chickens that were raised around the Nuclear Test Site in Nevada? :lol:

*read the little article, weird, not sure how I'd feel about eating black chicken*
Hahaha, we have these themed license plates here in Nevada, one of them has a Nevada Test Site stint--naturally, I have one. It was originally going to be a huge atomic blast cloud, but that didn't sit well with some folks, so now it's the shape of the site, with nuclei swarming around it.

The black chicken tastes like pheasant, or some other wild gamebird. Pretty derned good!

8)
I'd probably like it then, cause I love pheasant. Interesting that I had never heard of them before.

I think this is the first time a tobacco thread has been derailed in lieu of food.

I claim no responsibility. XD

8)

Kyle Weiss":l38jdz0d said:
I think this is the first time a tobacco thread has been derailed in lieu of food.

I claim no responsibility. XD

8)
You, sir, are GUILTY! :pirat: :lol:

Now back to your regularly scheduled tobacco thread. :lol: