C.O.R.P.S. EXPO

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Centurian 803

Reaction score
The Richmond Pipe Expo is coming up nest month. I'm thinking about going but for some reason the flyer doesn't load when I click on the link. I called their info line and got a recording about the Sept 8 meeting.
Anyone here plan on going or know the hours, especially Friday Oct 2?
Thanks

The expo schedule is now available, I just printed mine. Go to www.corpipesmokers.org and then click the EXPO button up top to access the documents. The actual show part is open to the public Saturday from 9:30 to 5:00 and Sunday from 9:00 to 3:00. I'm heading East then North as soon as I get off of work today (well, after I stop by the house and load the car).

Looking forward to a great weekend of pipes and tobacco!
Aaron

Anyone care to give a report and/or post some photos? The CORPS show has been very good the 3 times I've been, but this year our 39th wedding anniversary and a grouse hunting trip to northern WI prevented me from going.

Jim

I'd love to post some pics, but like usual forgot the camera. It was a good time for sure. Traffic seemed a bit lighter than the other time I was there, but that was probably four years ago. Of course there was still smoking in the show, so that was nice. I personally did pretty well, of course the first two estates I sold were ones I didn't really want to part with, but I had them priced accordingly so wasn't too upset about it. The only part of the weekend that wasn't great was the fact that I had to take my younger brother-in-law (17 years young) for the trip. There were several nice collections on display, lots of pipemakers, plenty of good tobacco and tons of estates to dig through.

I too forgot to take a camera. Mine isn't digital anyway so that probably didn't matter. This was my first pipe show and I thoroughly enjoyed it. My girlfriend even enjoyed it. She said it was fun watching me get so excited as we moved from table to table.
I was like a kid in a candy store. Didn't know what to look at next. Wound up buying three pipes: a GBD Rhodesian that smokes like a dream, a bent billiard meer that I haven't tried yet and a Learned (probably have the name wrong, I'm at work and the old memory ain't what it used to be.) He's a pipe maker who was attending his last show.
Also came away with about thirty or so tins of tobacco including three tins of Peterson Sherlock Holmes with the old label.

All the folks were very friendly and the atmosphere was redolent with the heavenly aroma of burning pipe tobacco.

Got to meet Rad Davis and probably some other BoBers without realizing it. :pipe:

Definately worth the eight hour drive.

Many thanks Bob for your posting! Being on dial-up I've just looked at the photos so far. Hopefully I can find a wifi spot on my trip this coming weekend to see the videos.

Jim