Cakes and Flakes

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blr1911

Reaction score
I've just discovered a love of flakes and cakes.

I'm burning my way through MacBs Scottish Blend and a pound of "Matured Cake" from my local 'bacconist.

The Matured Cake is just lovely. Seems like a Danish blend. Anyone have any ideas on what "Matured Cake" could be?

If it's from a local tobacconist and its his own thing it could be anything, but it almost certainly consists mostly VA since that's what folks mature, not burley, lat, Cavendish, or orientals.

Danish blends tend to use a lot of Cavendish right? It's kind of like their own sort of cav, and rather unlike typical black Cavendish? Is there a spiciness? Maybe something like a Marlin Flake with VA, cav, and perique.

MF as a Danish Cavendish cake. That sounds fantastic. :D 

blr1911":2nqgmj61 said:
I've just discovered a love of flakes and cakes.

I'm burning my way through MacBs Scottish Blend and a pound of "Matured Cake" from my local 'bacconist.

The Matured Cake is just lovely. Seems like a Danish blend. Anyone have any ideas on what "Matured Cake" could be?
whats the name of the local shop? might help us narrow it down.

"Matured Cake" could be a McClelland bulk mixture renamed by your tobacconist. Maybe Red Cake or Fragrant Matured 2000 which smokes very slow and sweet. One of the local shops near me sells FM 2000 as "Sweet Virginia."

blr1911":c0bqwl3j said:
Was the McC mixture. Good call, buddy!
McC's FM 2000 is one of my "daily smokes". I LOOOOVE the stuff ! Like dessert in a pipe :twisted:

monbla256":gwgcy8c5 said:
McC's FM 2000 is one of my "daily smokes". I LOOOOVE the stuff ! Like desert in a pipe :twisted: 
mexican-cool-cactus-15285313.jpg

8)

He's close enough to the border to figure it out. I hope. :tongue: