Calling all Pipe smokers

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skrullion

Reaction score
Greetings all. Im fairly new to Pipe smoking and I have a small problem. Perhaps any of you could help. I live near Spokane Washington. Needless to say There is only One average Tobacco store and their selection is on the low end. I was gonna try to buy online but apparently There is a law about shipping Tobacco to Washington State. Its not allowed unless you are a dealer. SOooo, Wife and I were gonna get around that by having a road trip. She gets to do some sight seeing and I am gonna buy my tobacco out of state. The Question is. What are some good areas to hit that are not to far away from Washington state. We are going to head through Idaho and from there go about 4 to 6 states away. If any of you could give me a state and town as well as the name of the store that has a good (SELECTION) of pipe tobacco I would appericiate it. This way I can plan my road trip and hit the Towns in the States that have a good variety.

If you can make it to Chicago to Iwan Reis you will find tobacco heaven...

For best value though I would have a friend or relative order over the net and have them ups it to you

Perhaps we have some brothers from your state with better solutions though...

Actually Lil Brown Smoke Shack in Yakima has a pretty OK selection and have good prices. I know you are heading a different direction on your trip but it's a good place not too far from home.

http://www.lilbrown.com/

As to places out of state I'm not too sure.

Re: Two Deleted Posts. Guys this is about the man buying tobacco not politics.
Knock the crap off..

--------------------------------------------

I would second the opinion of having it shipped elsewhere.. Maybe something like an out of state Mailbox Inc and then just swing by if your hearts set on travel.

jhuggett":xw0sgfvn said:
Actually Lil Brown Smoke Shack in Yakima has a pretty OK selection and have good prices. I know you are heading a different direction on your trip but it's a good place not too far from home.

http://www.lilbrown.com/

As to places out of state I'm not too sure.
Will look into this when I travel that direction. never knew Yakima had anything like that. have passed throguh maybe a dozen times :)

gandalfpc":yrkowe0m said:

For best value though I would have a friend or relative order over the net and have them ups it to you

Chicago. hmmm, that might be a kick in the pants to see that town. Considering at putting this as a final destination. If I do go there I will check out Iwan Reis. Wish I had relatives or friends in another state. Lol, there all in Washington.

Ol'Dawg":mu4pxvwn said:
For a start, if you're going through Idaho, there's Outwest Tobacco in Pocatello. They seem to have a good selection of bulks and tins.

Jim
Would that be North Idaho. Was gonna cut through Courde' alane..... (Oh hell, I cant spell it off the top of my head. You know the town.) :)

A pic from IR's website:

iwan.png

skrullion":0b0on5fm said:
gandalfpc":0b0on5fm said:

Chicago. hmmm, that might be a kick in the pants to see that town. Considering at putting this as a final destination. If I do go there I will check out Iwan Reis. Wish I had relatives or friends in another state. Lol, there all in Washington.
If you do make it to Chicago, keep in mind Uhle's is just 2 hours north in downtown Milwaukee!