Calling any "hat guys"

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fuzz and Kyle, thanks. I bought a nice, light and airy linen hat yesterday that I think will work for these hot days. I have often walk across the campus and I need something stylish to wear as I traverse under our hot sun. :) I looked at a nice straw hat as well, but couldn't afford both. :(

MartinH":g7nrs3eg said:
Fuzz and Kyle, thanks. I bought a nice, light and airy linen hat yesterday that I think will work for these hot days. I have often walk across the campus and I need something stylish to wear as I traverse under our hot sun. :) I looked at a nice straw hat as well, but couldn't afford both. :(
Pics!

Fishfuzz":br8k3vbf said:
MartinH":br8k3vbf said:
Pics!

This. 8)

For those warm days I wear one of my Semi-Colado Panamas. Lets the breeze cool the 'ol noggin. This one's a Brisa weave Cuenca from Panama Bob:

BvGDyP2kKGrHqFg4Evri1o2cBMDEwQPiMQ_121.jpg

Gentlemen, this is a fabulous thread! I am greatly enjoying the style and class you are showing with your hat choices. When I have returned home I will take some more respectable photos with my collection of caps, and hopefully I will have found a few more to add to the collection.

Cheers!

2012-010.jpg

Paper and cotton hat (tans, greens, and blues). It's taking on the most character of my summer hats due to the "sweat marks".

I haven't seen any cadets so I thought I'd post this one. I didn't use to like them but in the last year or so I find them interesting.

IMG_1533.jpg

I have usually gone for the roadster like this one:

IMG_1531.jpg

Now I think it just makes me look goofy but I still like them. I enjoy all kinds of hats really but since I have a rectangular head they don't always look good on me.

Love this thread. I think we all enjoy some of the finer accoutrements in life like the fountain pens and such so it's no wonder a lot of us are drawn to hats as well.

Fancy! Isn't it? I had it custom made while in college. I wanted a 16th century style hat. Wore it everywhere back then. I broke it out just to take this picture. I think when the weather cools I'll start wearing it again. I know it's very "over the top", and I might be made fun of, but I never really cared about that.

I usually wear my baseball caps, but sometimes wear my Resistol beaver fur cowboy hat. As for my baseball caps, I usually have a fish hook on em, or some I've drilled holes in the bill and shoved shaved down .45 acp brass into them. Call me stupid, but it's definitely original 8)