Camping Alert !

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PlateauGuy

Reaction score
My cousin and her husband were camping this weekend. While they were sitting and having coffee they watched 2 separate men take their sewer hoses to empty sites and wash them out using the fawcet that people hook their water lines to. They splashed their crap all over the sites and the fawcets that people drink water from.

My cousin reported it to the site manager, but wasn't sure anything was done about it. This makes me sick, how many times has this been done and people used the fawcets to give their kids a drink of water, or bathed them in the water?

My wife has added a small bucket, purex and a jug of water to the supplies. The fawcet will be sterilized before we hook up.

PlateauGuy":ui3afd10 said:
My cousin and her husband were camping this weekend.  While they were sitting and having coffee they watched 2 separate men take their sewer hoses to empty sites and wash them out using the fawcet that people hook their water lines to.  They splashed their crap all over the sites and the fawcets that people drink water from.

My cousin reported it to the site manager, but wasn't sure anything was done about it.  This makes me sick, how many times has this been done and people used the fawcets to give their kids a drink of water, or bathed them in the water?

My wife has added a small bucket, purex and a jug of water to the supplies.  The fawcet will be sterilized before we hook up.
Sadly this doesn't surprise me in the least knowing how self-centered and arrogant so many are. People like this are nothing but, worthless sacks of skin. I rate animals much higher.

That sucks my in-laws camp a lot and my wife and I go with them a couple of times a year I am definitely sticking to bottled water.

People suck

People are really coming apart at the seams.  No consideration for others is a first clue.  That is why I prefer animals also.  They are consistent.

What a disgusting thing to do. I'm a little nauseous after reading that.

Just curious. What would the proper procedure be? Are there other sources of water to deal with this? I am ignorant of this type of camping, my experience being just in the woods with a tent. Or without. The situation as described seems ripe for confrontation, to say the least.

They could have confronted the men, but would have probably been splashed with their crap. If it had been my wife she would have pulled her gun, told them belly down in the filth, and called the police. (I'd have watched and smiled while making sure she didn't shoot them out of principle).

While it was going on my cousin's husband went and reported it, but the men were gone by the time they got back. They could have reported it to the health dept. but wanted to give the site manager a chance to take care of the problem. Unfortunately they left to go somewhere before they saw what happened.

20-20 hindsight: get the license plate, have the site professionally cleaned and sterilized and the bill sent to whoever it was. They can pay it along with the fines and court costs. Or shoot their asses and leave them in a canyon someplace.

This is getting worse the more I think about it, so I will desist.

Richard Burley":acyz110t said:
shoot their asses and leave "the corpses to rot".  
My exact sentiments!  :suspect: 

I expect that the campground has plates and names. If this place is part of a business association these twits should be banned from member campgrounds.

Having said that...

What a pair of assholes.

Richard Burley":nqjfdz2t said:
Just curious.  What would the proper procedure be?  Are there other sources of water to deal with this?  I am ignorant of this type of camping, my experience being just in the woods with a tent.  Or without.  The situation as described seems ripe for confrontation, to say the least.

What you do is dump your black water tank first and then run your gray water and or galley water through the hose. The soapy water (of which there is a lot more as the gray and galley tanks are larger) cleans out the dump hose.

Since this is a rather broad topic, I just want to mention tics.
Don't forget tic checks.

I have such an aversion to ticks that I can not spell them.
I developed a very high temperature after a float trip and had to take tetracycline for about a month.
The doctors blamed it on tics.