CAN ANYONE IDENTIFY THIS PIPE

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leatherneck

Reaction score
I recentley bought a pipe on ebay, and am not sure who made it. the letters BW are on a brown lucite stem. the bowl appears to be made of olive wood (also wondering how this smokes). i'm wondering if it could be a DON FLORIAN pipe, but am not sure. can anyone help. thank you for your time and consideration on this matter. GYSGT T.A.WIENS USMC

Hmm. I have no clue who made that but it's nice. It looks like it has an oil finish. It does look like olivewood. Nice one.

Hello Leatherneck

BW on the stem might be a Ben Wade. Is there a crown stamp over the BW? If so, it looks to me like a Ben Wade ( Preben Holm ) stem that has been inserted in an olive wood bowl. I doubt it is a Ben wade made bowl, as the only Danish carver working with olive wood is Benner.

Regards
Michael J. Glukler

I think Mike's got it. :cheers:

I thought Ben Wade as well, but didn't make the re-cycled stem connection he did.

:cat: :face:

at first, i too thought ben wade and that a different stem was added to this pipe. but looking in pipedia there are no markings that associate this style of "BW" to ben wade. thanks for your post. GYSGT T.A.WIENS USMC

Is this the one?
I agree with BriarBlues. It's probably a recycled stem from a Ben Wade Pipe.

I cant help you identify it, but it does look very nice - my compliments!

THANK YOU ALL, for the response to my post - IT is GREATLEY APPRECIATED. GYSGT T.A.WIENS USMC