Can anyone recommend a Virginia and Perique blend?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PipedJimmy

Reaction score
Hey guys, recently bought Davidoff Flake Medallions and think that they are a great smoke, its the first time that I've sampled Perique and I love it, only I'm looking for something with a bit more flavour and kick, a deeper virginia with a heavier taste of perique, any blends come to mind?

Escudo is a must try for VaPer lovers. McClelland's Beacon is another great one (used to be PCCA Beacon). GLPease's Fillmore has a big following.

Lately I've really been enjoying C&D's Exhausted Rooster that also contains a Burley and their Sunday Picnic which is a VaPer flake with Izmir added. Both are very delicious.

To the list that others have mentioned already I would recommend Solani 633 and Reiner Long Golden Flake which has a touch of Burley in it as well.

The Reiner LGF is one that I've been meaning to try.

I can, however, cosign for the Beacon blend. It's awesome.

They all sound good, I've also seen Hal o the Wynd by Rattray's that looks quite appealing, thanks for much for the help again guys

I'm surprised no one has mentioned McClellend's 2015. A very perique-heavy VA. At least way too much for my tastes.

A couple of my regulars include Hearth & Home Anniversary Kake & Esoterica Dunbar.

Ditto on the Anniversary Kake. One of the best.

You might take a look at Former's Cross Grain Flake as well.
VERY high quality tobacco.

H&H Anniversary Kake is the only one that is in my rotation. I'm not a big Perique freak but it is so well integrated into this blend that I hardly notice it. Very Yummy!!

I'll vote for Anniversary Kake. Doesn't need to be any better than that!
Stan41

Just a quick review post a few more bowls of FM, it is an incredibly subtle, peaceful smoke, very rewarding and you can more or less puff away without suffering a hint of tongue bite