Can you get Good quality pipes for a hundred bucks or less.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Received a Savinelli Pisa 804 KS canadian billiard today, like new, I paid US $55.00 shipping included.

Also bought a new, unsmoked Stanwell billiard, in box with pamphlet, for US $66.00, shipping included.

Bought from eBay.

Some of the sub-$100 Bjarnes were great, others not so much.

Petersons.

Stanwells.

Nordings are good smokers and a good value for the $.

All of the above are great recommendations. You have lots to chose from. For what it is worth, on those occasions when I have been asked by an aspiring pipe smoker (often a cigar guy looking to expand his palate) regarding a first pipe, I always recommend a regular old Stanwell. Great pipes at the price point for the standard lines.

Kapnismologist":422i6nf6 said:
All of the above are great recommendations. You have lots to chose from. For what it is worth, on those occasions when I have been asked by an aspiring pipe smoker (often a cigar guy looking to expand his palate) regarding a first pipe, I always recommend a regular old Stanwell. Great pipes at the price point for the standard lines.
Quite a few good suggestions. I am especially interested in the individual pipe makers that have been mentioned here. I am also in the bidding for an old Stanwell on Ebay right now.
Looks like a nice pipe. A nice rusticated billiard type.

try an american pipe. in that price range you can get a lot more bang for your buck with a leedy, tim west, hackert (as mentioned). i've tried them all and they're excellent smokes. you can also get a very good danish estate freehand for that price.

portasio":u1a847xv said:
...this is likely a very fine pipe. i just got a tim west a week ago. the briar is really something. very lightweight and sturdy. the leather bag is awesome too:

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Tim-West-Old-West-Briar-Pipe-made-w-50-Y-O-B-/310308057897

this looks like a very nice pipe too... i think shipping is included, so that's under 100 bucks:

http://tomleedypipes.com/pipes/leedy-dansk-danish-style-freehand/
I really want to stick with an American made pipe if possible. Thanks for the heads up on those Leedy pipes. :!: Nobody has mentioned them and they look amazing. The prices are perfect too.

I have looked into Estate stuff ( currently bidding on a couple on Ebay!) and think that is an excellent route to pursue. I just love the fact that you can get a beautiful, handmade, unique pipe made by an American craftsman for a hundred bucks or so. In many cases at least.

yeah, they're very cool looking, but more importantly, they smoke real good. i happen to have a few and they're all excellent. and you're right, it's hard to beat the price. correction: i said shipping on the site, was free but i checked and that's not true (sorry). it's 5 bucks, which seems pretty reasonable to me.

please keep us posted on your new purchase.

take care!