Can you smoke your pipe on the job?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Raid":1u5evovf said:
I have no problems smoking at work. I work with ships (both at sea and harbor) and we smoke happily inside although it has been forbidden now for few years.
Of course nobody smokes inside offices, near flammable materials or if some non-smoker complains but even the employer knows it is better to let some things just as is.
Lucky!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/pN2ZJBh92SM" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen></iframe>

No way for me. Ohio has the crazy smoking laws too. I manage 530 "temp" employees in a very popular lawnmower and snowthrower factory. Ohio laws prohibit smoking in factories. A@@holes!!

We can smoke anywhere outside the building, but nowhere inside.

Up until last week, I was pretty much semi-retired & worked at home. I smoked up a storm. This past week I've been on a consulting assignment & only smoked before (about half a bowl) & after work (1 or 2 bowls). Unlike with cigarettes, it has really not been very difficult to adapt. Thank goodness. But I do miss the little breaks a pipe would give me.

Muddler":r9h8dc0x said:
Up until last week, I was pretty much semi-retired & worked at home. I smoked up a storm. This past week I've been on a consulting assignment & only smoked before (about half a bowl) & after work (1 or 2 bowls). Unlike with cigarettes, it has really not been very difficult to adapt. Thank goodness. But I do miss the little breaks a pipe would give me.
Hope you feel my pain now Mudd man!!!!!!
Just kidding bro!!

Luckily, I can smoke outside at work. Sometimes, when no one is around, I sneak back in with the pipe still lit. I sip SUPER softly and slowly, and have actually sat at my desk, smoking a pipe, and no one has been the wiser! This makes it even more satisfying, if you can believe that!

The factory I retired from had smoking allowed everywhere except the offices by union contract. Then the state banned indoor smoking as well as most outdoor smoking so the whole mess went to court so see if the contract or the state had the last word. Well as you can guess the state won.....

Nope, and I won't smoke in public anyway....I just like doing it by myself so that I don't receive any negative comments or offend anyone....my own special thing just for me to enjoy. Good question/ topic though. ;)

I am a firefighter that works 24 hour shifts, I enjoy smoking outside, but I tend to smoke in the firetruck bays on hot days or when it is cold outside, but nothing is better that smoking my pipe after extinguishing a house fire or major commercial fire. Wish we could smoke in the fire trucks going down the road like we used to do several years ago.