Canada Online Tobacco Ordering

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tylerEIT

Reaction score
Hello Folks,

I've been creeping around the forum for some time, and very much enjoy the varying perspectives on our hobby.

I am hoping for some insight from the Canadian side of the border, regarding online tobacco ordering. I moved to Calgary, Alberta a couple years ago, and I frequent a very good local tobacconist (Epicure Cigar & Pipe). I would like try some different blends that they don't carry, and the only way to do that is of course through online ordering.

To my dilemma: of course Alberta taxes the heck out of tobacco. Example: a tin of 50g Escudo is $45, and bulk tobacco is typically $22 - 26/ounce. When I complete an online order, and the cost is, say, $8.00 for a 2 Oz. tin, how much will it cost by the time it hits my doorstep? If anyone has firsthand experience with the cost outcome and/or issues getting the tobacco through customs, I would very much appreciate your insight. I would like to avoid placing an order and find out I need to sell my car to pay the duty and taxes!

Regards,

Tyler