Can't believe I got in an outdoor publication

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skip48

Reaction score
Some guy called me a few months back and wanted to talk and said he was writing and outdoor article and then they called back a couple weeks ago and ask for a few pictures. Well today my wife brings home the mail and in it is a copy of the paper Lone Star Outdoor News and there I was. Holly cow I am so surprised and even online? I kind of feel honored I guess, but really don't know how to feel about it.

Anyway here is a link if anyone want to read it....
http://www.lsonews.com/

Sorry I didn't know that the link didn't make it, LOL!

Skip

What, ya couldn'ta worked in a pipe reference?!? :evil:
Not even a pipe in the pictures?!? Tsk!

Cool article...yer famous. :bounce:

That's awesome Skip! Good on you!

Crappie fishing is big in these parts. (NC)

Thanks guys. Don't know what happened, but several months back this guy calls and said he was looking at my web site and wanted to write an outdoor publication. I had no idea it would be this nice. Wish he would have said that he was putting my popper in there so I could have told him that was not really a crappie jig, LOL!

Thanks again guys,

Skip

Hermit":m9gil5jo said:
What, ya couldn'ta worked in a pipe reference?!? :evil:
Not even a pipe in the pictures?!? Tsk!

Cool article...yer famous. :bounce:
"Instead he directs most of his profits toward buying new materials and experimenting with new designs. "

If you read between the lines it really unveils it as a PAD and TAD budget.

Thanks all I really appreciate it!

As far as TAD and PAD I have something that is just as bad and maybe worse at time and that would be MAD Material (fly and jig stuff) Acquisition Disorder. While my tying may lend a hand to TAD and PAD it's not much. I spend way more on MAD.

Also Mr. Rad Davis after seeing that Churchwarden the other day we may need to talk sooner or later.

Thanks again guys,

Skip

congrats skip, i have some serious equipment envy.

all i have is a basic cheapy jig. although ive spent quite a bit on materials.

didnt thing they called'em crappie in youre neck of the woods..............thought you chaps and southward call'em sac-a-lait?

eh?

camo

Well done Skip!
Wonderful to see you getting the attention you deserve.
Let's hope the article generates some business for you........gotta buy more baccy!!!! :p

camo you can find people here in East Texas call them a good number of things and as a kid we called them White Perch. Now just across the river they do call them sac-a-lait, but mostly around here it's either crappie or croppie which I am closer to the later. Actually most just don't care what you call them and only thing that matters is the taste, LOL! Hard to beat a batch of fried crappie and hush puppies and maybe some fries. We still do fries some, but many time now you can get them ready for the oven and just season them well. Oh don't leave out the people in Florida with their name of specks.

Dover I can't tie any more than I do now and stay behind several weeks. Once I thought it would pass and I would catch up, but it's been over 2 years now like this so no end in site and since I already tie all I can stand, adding business is not my target for sure. Heck I forgot they called a few months back and even when they called a week or so back I still didn't think a lot about it since I didn't even know who they were, but now I do and oh my, I am probably going to disappoint some people.
I am going to visit my son and his family in Tampa for Christmas and about 2 weeks back I had to start telling guys it would have to be Jan. before I could do anything for them. Not only that there was a guy that is a retailer that wanted 100 dozen to try and said he sells about 500 dozen a month. I told him thanks, but no thanks since I can tie that many and refuse to have other tie jigs with my name on them.

Thanks guys I appreciate it!

Skip

Wow, Skip that is great, what an honor and a cool article too, I imagine you must be pretty proud. :D