Can't/don't smoke in your own house. Because...?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used to smoke inside, in my home office, I didn't think the smell was acceptable anywhere else in the house. However, pipe smoke is very aggressive and started permeating everything, leaving a sticky film over my books and photo equipment (taking pics was my favorite hobby then, this was a few years ago), even penetrating closed boxes and zipped duffel bags. After a while it became unacceptable. Tried a myriad of things to mitigate the problem, from candles to indoor air purifiers and exhaust fans on the window. Although things got better, invariably my stuff kept getting the characteristic smell of smoke and a sticky feel to the touch. Nothing really worked well enough, therefore the decision had to be made: live with the stench or smoke outside. I chose the latter... :|

I smoke in my car, outside my house or in my workshop which only has a couple of electric space heaters in it (hope to have a woodstove set up soon). Never in the house. My wife is a former 2 pack a day smoker, now she's a somewhat asmatic/allergy sufferer and my pipe smoke in a confined space really gets too her.

I smoke in my office, but only in the winter and only once every few weeks (or less). I just don't like the lingering smoke smell.

-Andrew

Speaking of the lingering smoke smell, I often smell the aroma of tobacco when I wash my face in the morning. I am not aware of it later in the day when I don't smoke. I have worked out at our YMCA next to people who you can tell are obvious smokers. I think that they smoke cigarettes.

I do it for the kids, man, I do it for the kids!

At least that's what my wife says.

I live at my parents place still...so I smoke in my car, or outside. If I had my own place, I'd probably restrict it to an office.

[X] Because Army Quartermasters tell you "NO", and leave tobacco cessation cards on your door if they smell smoke near your room or find tobacco in your room during maintenance inspections.

Picture related.

DSCF2310.jpg

DSCF2312.jpg

Texas Outlaw":2zqqmwfg said:
Niether of those. I will be having a kid soon and choose not to expose him to smoke.
I can't fault anyone for putting his kids first, but know that the secondhand smoke studies that were originally commissioned by the Surgeon General---that were done using the FDA's standard confidence interval---showed no correlation with ill effects. It wasn't until the standard was dropped to a level that has no scientific merit did the politicians get the answer they wanted. It was a railroad job all the way.

Sad, but that's the way democracies work.

I'm with Texas Outlaw!
Neither of the above! I have a three year old son and I do not want to expose him to smoke!
I do smoke in the studio/workshop............ and on the patio! Nothing beats the room note of the sacred leaf though!

I smoke the pipe when and where I wish,wife doesn't object.She actually likes
Latakia blends which remind her of campfires.

Winslow :sunny:

I smoke i the house & car but can't at mtgs. snus then, Ken :tongue: :rendeer:
Pacem en Puffing! :tongue: :santa: