Can't effin believe it!!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beetlejazz

Reaction score
Finland tied with Spain in the world cup qualifying match last night. I was expecting a total humiliation-fest, the reigning world & European cup holder beating the team Finland 6-0 or something like that. But lo and behold, just incredible! :D Was almost too excited to sleep last night, just too darn cool. :cheers:

Go Pukki!!! Beautiful goal!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/oI8GZWRcUlA" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Song is in German but don't care - I actually like Schalke too. :D

What a great goal. Drawing level with the mighty Spainish leviathan in the 79th minate! That's one for the ages.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/tpw-EAgVi3g" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Absolutely brilliant!! :D :D

aaaand Scotland looses to Wales. :x Sadly, altogether too effin believable. :roll:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/M_zVxllW6xE" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Women who like sports gain an additional 15 coolness points. 8)

Minimum.

:face:

PB, yup it's called football. Some people use that word erronenously though about North-American Padded Team Wrestling.

In the States we used to call a bunch of pansy running around kicking a ball 'kick ball'

Too bad for Scotland, Slartibartfast. :-(

But yeah this one was really important for Finnish football, always treated like an unimportant stepchild in the shadow of ice-hockey. And I can't stand ice-hockey, mostly because of the aggressive, beer-fuelled nationalism and winter-war metaphors that come with it. And the violence that makes it look more like ice-kendo than hockey. :x

Yak, how many coolness points do I lose if I tell that I originally started watching football because it's nice to see the athletic young men run around in their shorts all sweaty and on the verge of either utter joy or tears? Better than any late-night program! :lol:

That's good PB, real football kicks the North-American version on the balls indeed! That's why they wear the padding in the States. :p

I gotta chime in here. While soccer isn't as rough as rugby, it's certainly not for the weak of heart, or body or lungs. 90 minutes of solid running intermingled with sprinting, crashing and getting kicked...it takes a toll on you. Oh, and I'm from the states :D

My team sent many a player to the hospital with broken bones...not because we were ruthless, but because the game can get ugly. I will say that soccer players are a tad eccentric maybe, but aren't most professional players these days?

US beat Costa Rica in a blizzrd last night. Im looking forward to the match on Tues vs Mexico. I just hope the US actually qualifies!

Mozjo, didn't US do pretty well in the last World Cup? Still a bit over a year for a summer of football. :D While waiting for that, I'm rooting for Real Madrid in the Champions League.

My son just sent the cross for the first score of the season ..
Next play TOOK the ball on the kick and ran it down to score the second score of the season..

Talking about Champions League, WOOHOO Bayern München was quite the punisher tonight!!! :cheers: Seriously, the fact being that I'm not that into Barcelona made the game even better.

As much as I like Real Madrid, I won't even mind if it's gonna be all-German finale. There's going to be goooood stuff ahead anyway. :D

Rob_In_MO":vidlea2d said:
Just in case Harlock is following this thread:

Go Tottenham! :cheers:

8)
Gosh darn you Rob!
Drawing me in like this... :p
Oh, and don't let PB fool anyone.
He's the president of the Chelsea Headhunters, Kentucky Chapter... :suspect:

I don't follow club soccer, but I do love the World Cup.

I am Oranje before red, white, and blue, if you must know.

Well you know what guys?? I'm gonna see the Finland-Spain match in October! :cheers: It was sold out before, but some new tickets came for sale today morning and I paired up with a friend for a joint operation to get us some. 8) The tickets were sold out in 7 minutes but we managed to snatch some. It's going to be the first game ever I'm going to see at the stadium. I'm so excited!

BTW, I used to play myself when a kid/teenager. Few people know this and if it comes up people are usually quite surprised because apparently I don't come across as the type... but yes, I was inarguably the worst player of the shittiest team in my area. :lol: We lost EVERYTHING. The only reason I got to play in the matches was that we were continuously short of players. I could run around ok but my ball-handling was awful (and yes, before someone else cracks that joke - yes, my ball-handling is still as unimpressive as ever :p ). But it was still great fun. But nowadays I just watch... although, I'm really waiting for a friend's son to grow old enough (he's 2 now) to kick the old ball around with me... I can probably enjoy the feeling of being super cool and skilled for approximately 2 months and then he's likely to run circles around me while I get tangled in my own feet. :p