CAPSTAN CHEAP?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RDPipes

Mental Illness is a Terrible thing to Waste!
Reaction score
Was wondering if anyone seen that sealed 50g tin of Capstan (Blue) on auction at you know where go for $20?
Another one but, the yellow tin (milder) went for $36. Thought it strange that the blue one and being 2 years old went for so little.
I've gone to overseas sites and just the shipping (gouge) costs that much.
What's you all's thought's?
T2eC16hysE9sy0k0sCBQ5HjfILQ60_57.jpg

Oh, never mind! I forgot, no one around here has any thoughts on what anything is valued at.
That's what I love about this place, NOT! Reckon I'll just have to purchase some and find out for myself.

Maybe not that many people here are looking at pipes & tobaccos through money glasses ?

:face:

Obviously they have more then I do. I must look at what items are going for and compare to get the cheapest
for I am not wealthy. But, I don't believe that is it at all. If I'd posted I was selling it and didn't know how much to price it at rest assured I would have gotten a response. :lol!:

Yak":uge5u7sl said:
It's easy enough to check the completed listings at Flea Bay.

:face:
There were no sales other then the ones I mentioned, so much for just checking completed listings.
That's still no excuse for no responses to my question at hand after over 40 views.
We're done here.

I read it.

Didn't have any useful information and didn't post.

I read it a couple more times as replies caused it to show up on the post since last visit.

I have never smoked the tobacco. I still have no useful information to post that could possibly answer your question.

However in regard to the 40 vies and no responses maybe those looking were thinking maybe someone that knew something about these tobaccos would post....

That could be very true Slide but, from my experience around here you don't get replies when asking a value question.

cart - interesting that the blue tin didn't generate more interest, even though it is in Israel. Shipping seems quite reasonable for the distance. I guess a Capstan lover would consider paying 20-30 for a very nice light-medium VA flake. I have a friend in Spain who unloaded a sleeve on me for about that per tin, and I'm happy. But it isn't all that much different than Dunhill Flake, Holger Dansk Navy Flake, and several Wessex, Aylesbury and F&T Flakes. I gather the yellow tin is rarer and maybe out of production.

hp
les

lestrout":zb7m6gqk said:
cart - interesting that the blue tin didn't generate more interest, even though it is in Israel. Shipping seems quite reasonable for the distance. I guess a Capstan lover would consider paying 20-30 for a very nice light-medium VA flake. I have a friend in Spain who unloaded a sleeve on me for about that per tin, and I'm happy. But it isn't all that much different than Dunhill Flake, Holger Dansk Navy Flake, and several Wessex, Aylesbury and F&T Flakes. I gather the yellow tin is rarer and maybe out of production.

hp
les
I am too, thought it would go for at least a bit more but, I reckon considering where it sold may have something to do with it because I also seen my favorite to date toby Escudo, 5 fairly new 50g tins go for $250 which seemed OUTRAGEOUS no matter how long it may have been cellared. Hey, but the hell do I know. :geek:

That much for only 5 tins should have some serious age. 10 years? Even so, it's for the very liquid. Mid-range bulk would net ten times as much tobacco.

alfredo_buscatti":k3hxiajl said:
That much for only 5 tins should have some serious age. 10 years? Even so, it's for the very liquid. Mid-range bulk would net ten times as much tobacco.
The auction for the Escudo did not mention that it was cellared for any period of time and the tins looked brand new and were not dated. Things sell for stupid money on there from time to time. All it takes is two with more money and want then brains to fight like little children over a toy.

Cartaphilus":j62d2n3i said:
alfredo_buscatti":j62d2n3i said:
The auction for the Escudo did not mention that it was cellared for any period of time and the tins looked brand new and were not dated. Things sell for stupid money on there from time to time. All it takes is two with more money and want then brains to fight like little children over a toy.
you don't have to have a lot of money, you just have to be drunk enough to part with the little bit of money that you do have.

Cartaphilus":918f9crn said:
That's still no excuse for no responses to my question at hand after over 40 views.
We're done here.[/b]
Good days, bad days, we all have them chap, some days we say things we don't mean, some days folk say stuff to us they don't mean, some days we don't feel like saying anything, some days a whole bunch of folk don't feel like saying anything. I myself tend to take things too personally, it's a short coming of mine I have quite recently been made aware of and I am trying to improve on that, don't let it ruin your visits here chap. I would have commented but have only just had time to read your topic.

Personally I find it curious that some folk buy tobacco to cellar with the intention of selling it for a nig profit in the future, but that is up to them really, folk don't have to buy them I guess. Heck, if I could afford to cellar tobacco at all I would age it to sell it in the future for profit, it would help pay for my own personal baccy then. ;)

Kirk, your right, I'm impatient and expressed my feelings without thinking it out. I'm use to smaller forums
and here 40 members doesn't even scratch the surface. And it's not like this is the only toby out there to be
enjoyed so those 40 may had not even heard of it before. Although I don't regret anything I've said, because of past experiences here.
And I too wish I had the money to purchase toby and cellar it and still have enough for me to smoke. And the way tobacco is going up in price it's probably a good idea to cellar some for resale in the future so we'll be able to afford to keep smoking.

I'm always expressing my feelings and getting into trouble for it, guess we're very much alike chap, you poor sod, imagine being similar to me, oh the pain of it all eh. :lol!:

:lol!: I was thinking the same thing. Great minds think alike!
I'm very opinionated and express my thoughts and or rantings without a care what others may think of me while TRYING to keep in mind
others feelings. Needless to say it doesn't always work out quite as planed. If I feel it needs to be said, I'll say it, that's just
how I was made.

Yup, that's me all over, I don't like folk who say anything just to hurt some one else's feelings but I much prefer it when folk are open and honest, even if I don't like what is being said, honesty is always best, I find being open and honest on forums is really not appreciated too often, I am slowly learning to curb my behaviour and to be more subdued, feels weird though and I don't like it, but if one wants to stay on any given forum I guess we have to learn to play along with the rules and expected decorum. I must say, I love that I am allowed to muck about a bit here on BoB, by nature I am a bit of a wally and enjoy having a bit of juvenile fun and frolics, keeps the heart and soul young, well, folk tend to learn that about me in no time at all. :lol!: