Captain Earl's Private Stock

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Nate

Reaction score
Received some of this blend for Christmas and after only two bowls I love it. Reminds of Star of the East Flake a bit but a little more balanced. The Latakia is blended beautifully with the deep dark virginias and I find myself enjoying the back and forth between the Virginia and smoky  Latakia! The red Virginia in PS is a real treat and really adds a richness to the smoke. I've been wanting to try some of the captain's blends for a while and I'm very glad I did.

C&D does an excellent job with their English/Balkan blends. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a hearty full flavored smoke that hits the taste buds with a variety of flavors: smoky, sweet, peat, rich, and almost oily. Very nice but also strong (for me) so smoke it slow.

Glad you got that as a gift and had the chance to try it. It's a wonderful blend that gets better with about 3 years of aging. That's a blend you will want to get a few tins/cans of for sure....ENJOY :cheers:
PS
Have you tried Hearth & Home BlackHouse? At $9.99 it's a must try!!

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Lonecoyote":i8akauix said:
Glad you got that as a gift and had the chance to try it. It's a wonderful blend that gets better with about 3 years of aging. That's a blend you will want to get a few tins/cans of for sure....ENJOY :cheers:

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
Thanks, LC. I think I'll do that. I also received Nightwatch and will be anxious to see how it matches up.

If you enjoy Latakia, the Capt Earle blends are a real treat. Private Stock and Stimulus Package are the blends that I enjoyed the most. Ten Russians is good too. Perhaps the best of all the blends, no Latakia though, is Honor Blend. It's a very fine Turkish forward flavor powerhouse. Very tasty stuff.

DrumsAndBeer":jwuwrgqf said:
If you enjoy Latakia, the Capt Earle blends are a real treat. Private Stock and Stimulus Package are the blends that I enjoyed the most. Ten Russians is good too. Perhaps the best of all the blends, no Latakia though, is Honor Blend. It's a very fine Turkish forward flavor powerhouse. Very tasty stuff.
Agree Chris. Arguably one of the top Turkish-dominated blends out there.

Cheers,

RR

I do have a tin of Honor blend from 2014 that I'm going to sit on for prob another couple years. I have so many tins I'd love to open right now, but if I can just hold out another 2-3 years they'll all have a good amount of age on them.

Just cracked a tin of Honor Blend that’s been in my cellar since ‘01. Wow! The tin note alone is amazing!  Almost overpowering in its ripeness. My first bowl in a medium sized pipe is almost done and I love this blend. Pleasantly strong in nic content so would work in small pipes as well. Rich and full, starts slightly sweet and settles in to a full round smoke with prominent orientals. This bowl had a few relights and got a little hot at times but burned dry all the way to the bottom. I’ll pick up some new tins to throw in the cellar.