Captain Phillips freed..

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Hey guys, not sure if y'all have been praying for this man as I have, but there's a special report just this minute on tv, and he has been freed.

Just in time for Easter. This just made my day.

I'm very happy and relieved, although I was hoping he would have been released long before this.

Good job NAVY! Of course now we'll hear all about the 'killing of the pirates' :p

kilted1":npd29804 said:
Good job NAVY! Of course now we'll hear all about the 'killing of the pirates' :p
Right on Navy! Someone needs to write a sea chanty about this adventure.

I think I'll open a tin of Barbary Coast to commemorate this happy occasion.

Wait, the pirates were killed? Gentlemen, I am breaking open the blue label.

that lifeboat bobbing up and down in the sea,,,and the snipers took out three,,,now THAT'S what I call gun control !!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

OOPS,,,that was politically incorect,,,,what I meant was,,,it's a shame they didn't whack all four,,,,oops, I mean,,,it's a shame the situation couldn't have ended without undue bloodshed,,,

mark":dk0bvnu4 said:
OOPS,,,that was politically incorect,,,,what I meant was,,,it's a shame they didn't whack all four,,,,oops, I mean,,,it's a shame the situation couldn't have ended without undue bloodshed,,,
Pirates are like drug dealers, don't count as people in my book. I'll buy the first round for the snipers.

This made me want to try to get out of my shore duty early and get back on a ship. Proud(er) to be in the Navy this past few weeks.

*Anchors Aweigh my boys....*

Werner invites Captain Phillips to Fenway
Posted by Steve Silva, Boston.com Staff April 20, 2009 05:27 PM
Red Sox owner Tom Werner hopes to honor Captain Richard Phillips, who was rescued from Somali pirates last week, with a day at Fenway Park.

Werner invited Captain Phillips, a cargo ship captain now living in Underhill, Vt., to throw out the first pitch during an official "Captain Richard Phillips Day" at Fenway.

In tonight's episode of the television entertainment show "Extra," Werner says in a videotaped message, "I was so inspired like everyone else by your story... As the owner of the Red Sox, I'd like to invite you and your family to come to a Sox game. Throw out the first pitch. Maybe play third base for an inning." Werner continued, "We'll officially make it 'Captain Richard Phillips Day' at Fenway. And I want you to be my personal guest because you, Captain Phillips, are a true American hero."

Captain Phillips was rescued on Easter Sunday when Navy Seal snipers killed the Somali pirates holding him hostage. The Captain met his wife Andrea at Fenway Park. They were married in 1987.