Caran d’Ache 849 Swiss SNAFU

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

Blackhorse

Trading Post Moderator
Staff member
B of B Supporter
Council Member
Reaction score
I got my wife a gorgeous Caran d’Ache 849 ballpoint pen...rose gold plated...along with a set of 3.5” x 5.5” Tomoe River note pads and a nice leather cover with pen loop for Mother’s Day.  I felt left out so I looked around and found a Special Edition Swiss 849 red with white Swiss crosses all over it.  Perfect EDC to add to my Swiss Army Knife...a set.  Right?  So Walmart had the best price...$18 including shipping to the local store.  I placed the order.  

They screwed the order up.  Listen...do you hear that “RATCH THUNK - til tin tik tik tik tik. Cha CHING!” in the background.

They didn’t send me the single pen I ordered...they sent me a BOX OF TEN!!!

Price on the ten-er ranges between $200 and $340. Yikes!

D.L.Ruth

Reaction score
Nice score! That happened to me once with coffee cups, ordered two cups and they sent me two cases. It was from a small mom and pop business though so i felt bad and told them of the error. They thanked me for letting them know and asked that i only send back one case and keep the extras.

eggman

Reaction score
Being how it’s walmart I know what I would do with those pens ..................hahahahahaha

Blackhorse

Trading Post Moderator
Staff member
B of B Supporter
Council Member
Reaction score
Yeah...I know.  But stealing from the devil is still stealing.  Sounds pretty self righteous but it’s true. Orrrrr...maybe I’ll just keep ‘em.

eggman

Reaction score
I understand what you’re saying blackhorse. But I’ve been screwed over by Walmart enough in the past that on the rare occasion I get over on them. It doesn’t bother me at all.