Caribbean pipe/tobacco places?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

taja-big dog

Reaction score
Cruise coming up. Aruba,Curacao,St.Lucia,St.Kitts,USVI. Any stores/shops I should check out.

Except for USVI, the forbidden cigars can be a guilty pleasure. You will see them everywhere.

J Soshae":man9nj9p said:
Except for USVI, the forbidden cigars can be a guilty pleasure. You will see them everywhere.
By the same token, do some research before your trip on identifying fakes. They are also everywhere! :shock:

In three cruises to various ports around the Caribbean (the last 3 Christmases), while there are many many places that sell cigars, Cuban and otherwise, and cigarettes, I never found one store with any pipe tobacco (I did get many very strange looks for asking, however!) Of course, you might be at some slightly less touristy places than I was!

Ocelot55":5x0wp3o0 said:
J Soshae":5x0wp3o0 said:
By the same token, do some research before your trip on identifying fakes. They are also everywhere! :shock:
Yes this. If you can find a Casa de la Habana (my spelling may be wrong, but it's an authorized Habano dealer) you have a fair chance of getting the real thing. Totally avoid any tourist shops or street vendors selling them as they are sure to be high priced and awful tasting fakes!

Cheers,

RR

I've never seen a tobacco shop that sells any pipe tobacco in the Caribbean you can't get here stateside except La Escepcion de José Gener Something or ruther and its not worth smoking.

As for the 'real' Cubans, La Casa Del Habano is pretty much it except for Churchills in Grand Cayman, Graycliffe And Havana Humidor in Nassau, Bahamas.