Carole Burns

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ftrplt

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
Seems her website "PipeWorks & Wilke" (vtpipes.com) is gone. I've tried several different ways to find it with no luck!! Anybody here having the same experience? Has she really shut down her business? FTRPLT

Pipes Magazine reported that she was retiring in late 2016. If you are looking for repairs, search that thread and there is a number to call. But she may be totally retired by now.

Pipes Magazine reported that she was retiring in late 2016. If you are looking for repairs, search that thread and there is a number to call. But she may be totally retired by now.
That was eight years ago!!! The site was active as of last year, although I don't remember the exact last time I checked in there!! Nope, don't need any repairs; have sources for those. Regret seeing her go. I also noticed that Elliot Nachwalter's site, while still open, hasn't had any updates in eons!! Thanks for your kind reply...FTRPLT

None of us is getting any younger.

I was outside doing some small stuff yesterday for the first time since my brush with pneumonia while in Florida. Finally really starting to feel right again. Been out of the hospital a month yesterday. The whole house generator needed some attention. I ran both the mower tractors to flex their muscles. John Deere X750 and X758 diesels. Picked up some limbs and trash. Still sleeping with the O2.

She retired, but sold the shop to John Brandt - Wilke Tobacco. Goggle that. I get an email from time-to-time.
Seems her website "PipeWorks & Wilke" (vtpipes.com) is gone. I've tried several different ways to find it with no luck!! Anybody here having the same experience? Has she really shut down her business? FTRPLT
She retired and sold the shop to John Brandt - Wilke Tobacco. I get an email from time-to-time.

She retired, but sold the shop to John Brandt - Wilke Tobacco. Goggle that. I get an email from time-to-time.

She retired and sold the shop to John Brandt - Wilke Tobacco. I get an email from time-to-time.
Yes, she gave up the tobacco business a few years ago, selling to John Brandt. She kept the pipe, pipe repair, etc. part of the business active up until sometime last year at least. Another fine individual gone from our little part of the world!! FTRPLT