Carter or the Prince?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*camoham

Reaction score
recently have tried CH............and its somewhat grown on me for some situations.

have not tried prince albert yet.

am i missing something in this blend too?

which is your preference ?

camoham

Back to smoking a pipe again here.. I picked up some Prince to blend with another blend that needed taming down.. I decided to just fill a bowl of Prince and was really pleased with entire bowl. Burly blends are going to get allot more of my attention it seems.. :eek:

thanks all.

kinda weird.........i sometimes pickup on sweetness (mild) with CH burley on the char light.

now with all the talk about haunted bookshop that has me curious too.

curses.............curse it all.

more carter hall with ice tea. finished mowing.......cleaned up........ ate some 'venison helper' with bread/butter. jalepenos and cherry tomatoes from the garden. a simple grand life gents.

camoham

Last summer I smoked all the OTC burleys looking for an all day, working outside smoke. Carter Hall won the contest. Then I discovered Walnut and have not smoked a bowl of CH since.

*camoham":slemx7m6 said:
thanks all.

more carter hall with ice tea. finished mowing.......cleaned up........ ate some 'venison helper' with bread/butter. jalepenos and cherry tomatoes from the garden. a simple grand life gents.

camoham
hot tea, whole wheat bread with honey, chunk o cheddar followed by burley in a no name bent--if it gets better i couldn't stand it

I enjoy both, prefer CH but PA reminds me of my father-in-law since that was all he would smoke in his handrolled cigs.

Doc Manhattan":w4nkhlj8 said:
I prefer CH, but you should absolutely try PA. It's a classic.
Ditto Doc.

Love them both and find myself smoking a lot of the stuff more often. I cant seem to rate the one above the other.
Try Walnut, also made by Middleton, Make me and JP proud!!! :shock:

I love both PA and CH. I smoke them both daily, and really do not prefer one over the other. Another burley OTC that I enjoy, but not as often as the aforementioned is Sir Walter Raleigh.

New Smoker":s2emirt8 said:
I love both PA and CH. I smoke them both daily, and really do not prefer one over the other. Another burley OTC that I enjoy, but not as often as the aforementioned is Sir Walter Raleigh.
SWR :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:....... not the aro one tho'

I prefer PA to CH. I haven't had any CH in quite a while and should pick up another tub soon. I smoke PA daily though

prince albert really burned my throat, but i've since learned i smoke to hard and fast, so i need to give it another try. (i hate it when i can't appreciate a 'classic'.)

bruins":4juuny8d said:
prince albert really burned my throat, but i've since learned i smoke to hard and fast, so i need to give it another try. (i hate it when i can't appreciate a 'classic'.)
Bruins, you should smoke PA not eat it!!!! :lol!:

Piet Binsbergen":zk8a6wvu said:
bruins":zk8a6wvu said:
yeah, i drink the same way! i'm like a terrier. i'm learning though.

Piet Binsbergen":9gp0dkjg said:
bruins":9gp0dkjg said:
Maybe next time try using a pipe to smoke it :lol!:

Cigar2you":iqlapy5f said:
Piet Binsbergen":iqlapy5f said:
bruins":iqlapy5f said:
Maybe next time try using a pipe to smoke it :lol!:
i always, without exception, take advice from mr albert einstein.