Cellar Excel Sheet

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trifecta13

Reaction score
Hi All,

I've been hunting around for something to do the trick and came up short. As such, I whipped up this one quickly to suit my purposes. I figured others might benefit from it, so I thought I'd share. I know it will work in excel 2007 or newer, haven't tested it in older versions.

If you guys like it, I'd be happy to make updates, changes, additions, subtractions, whatever. Just drop me a line. This is very much a version 1.0, and I can already think of a few things I might like to see (A wishlist tab, a review section...). Anyway, There are pick lists on the fields that are particularly finicky, so if some of the overview stuff isn't working correctly, that would be the first place to check. I'm not totally in love with the style options as they are either, so am definitely open to suggestion. Of course, you may feel free to alter it in any way that suits your own purposes as well, but for those who don't like to venture into the wilds of excel, I'm happy to take on the burden as well. So if you like it, great... if not, also great.

My meager "cellar" for the screenshot:
Capture.jpg

File via SkyDrive (File>Save to Download)
http://sdrv.ms/YAiUws

WAAAAAAY to OCD !!! I'm glad I can get my enjoyment from just buying 'bac and pipes and smoking 'em. But as they say, to each their own :twisted:

monbla256":lf4njzfc said:
WAAAAAAY to OCD !!! I'm glad I can get my enjoyment from just buying 'bac and pipes and smoking 'em. But as they say, to each their own :twisted:
Ah, Monbla... I aspire to your sang-froid. Unfortunately, I do battle selective OCD (selective in that it never seems to involve cleaning, fixing up the house, or really anything my wife would rather). If you like, I'll share my DVD/Blu-Ray database, or maybe my fountain pen ink review database, or...... wow- I really am that guy. :fpalm:

Trifecta13":jrbwzp9g said:
monbla256":jrbwzp9g said:
Ah, Monbla... I aspire to your sang-froid. Unfortunately, I do battle selective OCD (selective in that it never seems to involve cleaning, fixing up the house, or really anything my wife would rather). If you like, I'll share my DVD/Blu-Ray database, or maybe my fountain pen ink review database, or...... wow- I really am that guy. :fpalm:
I appreciate your offer, but I wouldn't want RUIN 40+ years of an enjoyable habit :twisted: :twisted:

monbla256":flf55o6i said:
Your 3386 posts in a year and two months isn't OCD? :twisted:

utahpipeman":fysjbfv9 said:
monbla256":fysjbfv9 said:
Can't say as I don't have an Excel spred sheet for that, but since you keep track of these things, mabe you could do one for me? :twisted: :twisted:

Some people derive pleasure from making lists and exploring data. That isn't OCD. It's a hobby. To each tbeir own.

Looks neat. Thanks for sharing.

monbla256":h71xw5ag said:
utahpipeman":h71xw5ag said:
monbla256":h71xw5ag said:
Can't say as I don't have an Excel spred sheet for that, but since you keep track of these things, mabe you could do one for me? :twisted: :twisted:
These new fancy computer forums do the tracking for you. On the left hand side of your post you'll find your post number and your join date. The rest is simple math.

gravel":77ebk498 said:
monbla256":77ebk498 said:
utahpipeman":77ebk498 said:
monbla256":77ebk498 said:
These new fancy computer forums do the tracking for you. On the left hand side of your post you'll find your post number and your join date. The rest is simple math.
REALLY ? :scratch: Not as much fun without the spread sheet to play with. What would we do without LISTS :twisted:

monbla256":76x8ewzl said:
gravel":76x8ewzl said:
utahpipeman":76x8ewzl said:
REALLY ? :scratch: Not as much fun without the spread sheet to play with. What would we do without LISTS :twisted:
I dunno, forget our medication?

I don't think it's OCD at all. Did I mention I purchased a label maker so I could label blend, blender, and date on the top of all my Mason jars? I also use it to date the backs of all tins in my cellar.

I should also mention that there is an online source for keeping track of ones TAD! I use http://tobaccocellar.com/. It will even keep track of how many bowls (approximately) you smoke a day as well as total $$ spent, age of tobacco in cellar, component breakdown, etc, etc.

Dan

P.S. tobaccocellar.com may take a moment to load depending on your internet speed.

monbla256":9v1h61of said:
Wv9HWgC.jpg

This is nice, but if someone did something similar in Access it would do everything the iPhone Pipe Tool app does. That app is the best thing I've ever found, but I have to use my wife's iPad to use it because I use Android, which is irritating. I suck at Access, I've tried ans I get the front end right, but I can't figure out how to get it to do the calculations based on weight, type etc.

If anyone ever does a comprehensive Access database for pipe tobacco cellaring I'd chip in a few bucks to use it.