Cellaring Mac Baren HH Vintage Syrian

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr. Doody

Reaction score
so over the last couple months, MB HH VS has become my smoke of choice - with a vengeance.

i just ordered up bulk pound, and i expect to cellar it in a few chunks.

i know it's a fairly recent release, but does anybody have any "early returns" on the win (or lack thereof) of cellaring HHVS or any theories on whether it might prove beneficial?

tia!
doody

Actually it's been around for several years. I had some of the original Chicago Show special release tins when the blend was first introduced (2007 I believe) and have recently opened a fairly fresh tin of recent manufacture. In my opinion, there's no change in the blend, it's production seems to remain consistent. As for cellaring, it seems to be stable. That's about the best descriptor I can give it. It doesn't seem to gain a lot, nor lose anything from age.

WHATCHOOTALKIN'BOUT PUFFDADDY!?!?!?!?!?

sorry, couldn't resist ;-)

thx,
doody

Ginny-weed generally benefits the most from aging; Lat-weed and Burley little to none (that I can tell, anyway!!). Now this is just me, but I can tell no difference in older vs. younger MacB blends. FTRPLT