Chacom Pipes?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

St Fiacre

Reaction score
Anybody ever heard of Chacom pipes they were highly recommended by my tobacconist and I wanted general opinions of all you fine gentleman. :D

Hi St.,

I bought a new Chacom Nature straight billiard last year, and I am quite happy with it. In retrospect I think I overpaid a tad (bad choice of wording, I know..) considering the slightly flawed briar, and I do find the stem to be a bit plastic-y.
It took a while to break in, but after that it smoked like a dream. It remains my best smoker to date.

Toon

Crap briar, crap quality control. If you get one that actually works and is drilled correctly, it will smoke excellent. But avoid the bent pipes... they aren't drilled worth crap. I've seen Chacom bents that you couldn't pull any air through at all.

Better for the money: Peterson, Stanwell, Neerup, Bjarne, Savinelli, Johs, anything out of Italy.

Thanks for the information I will probably get a straight that I saw, it was drilled quite well so I am not worried about that, and it is 30 percent off so it is only about $55-60 bucks. I think I will get a Neerup next though. ;)

Sasquatch":c2nd5gk5 said:
Crap briar, crap quality control. If you get one that actually works and is drilled correctly, it will smoke excellent. But avoid the bent pipes... they aren't drilled worth crap. I've seen Chacom bents that you couldn't pull any air through at all.

Better for the money: Peterson, Stanwell, Neerup, Bjarne, Savinelli, Johs, anything out of Italy.
A real shame, too. There was a time when Chacom made a quality pipe. They weren't exciting, but they were made well from good briar, and tasted great. They started to go downhill in the 1980s, and apparently, have continued their descent.

I have two Chacom pipes. Both were about the same price. They both are sharp lookers. One is a great smoker the other isn't worth the time or the money.

When first started w/ pipes about 3-4 years ago, I wanted to collect a 7 day set of Chacom; this evenually led to about ten. since then, my focus has been on Petersons but still have about 4 chacoms that are older and are a great smoke. 2 are bents by the way.

Only own 1, a Mogardo-1/4 bent smooth acorn with boxwood shank extension, bought about 5 years ago off the bay for less than $20. Nice looker, particularly with the unque lines of the stem. Smokes just fine. earl

I have one which dates back to the late 50's. It was a lovat shape and I had a longer stem made for it. The pipe smokes well and looks good. It was an inheritance and that is about all I can tell you about it.

Stinger