Changing snuff in a wooden box.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WVDAVE

Reaction score
When changing types of snuff in a wooden box is there anything special you need to do? Should I let it air out? I'm going from F&T Morocco to F&T Old Paris. Anything that needs to be done please let me know.

I have let boxes air before and most of the time after 1-3 days there is no remaining smell. I have also used baking soda placed inside a box for a several days and it worked. Also a trick I found that worked on pipes worked extremely well with snuff boxes and that is using Activated Carbon/Charcoal which can be found easily and cheaply in pet stores and the pet sections of your large chain stores. Now instead of warming my snuff box but I warmed the charcoal instead of warming the snuff box. I did this by using a small glass covered dish and heated the dish for approximately 15 minutes at 220 degrees Fahrenheit at which point I shut the oven off and carefully removed the lid of the dish and poured in a snuff box full of activated carbon/charcoal and replaced the cover and allowed it to remain in the oven for another 15 minutes at which time I removed the lid and dumped the carbon out onto a piece of parchment paper and used the paper as a funnel to put the warm charcoal inside my snuff box. I then closed the lid tightly on my snuff box and allowed to sit overnight and dumped the charcoal the next day and the box had absolutely no smell and after wiping it out with a dry paper towel now black powder remaining it smelled better than new with no smell whatsoever! Here is a link to the G.L Please article that gave me the idea to use carbon Out, Damned Spot!
017163013761c.jpg