Changing Tastes

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Eulenburg! Well I'll be darned! I've been reading your reviews over on the review site for YEARS! One of the few guys I trust with a review - oddly enough our tastes have changed in similar ways over time. At this point I'm smoking mostly Burley, VA, VA/Per, Kentucky and a few with cigar leaf in them: Stonehaven, Stormfront, Night Train, Briar Fox, Exhausted Rooster, Stogie, JackKnife Plug and a few of the unflavored or very lightly flavored Gawith & Hogwarts stuff. Nothing with latakia thank you.

Well, my and your tastes seem to be remarkably similar Mr. Horse. Which is why I've been very grateful to your exposing me to a great many new blends and tastes since returning to pipes several years ago.

While I still like latakia in various English blends (P&W #78 and Wilderness, to name a few) I find that I've moved completely away from heavy latakia forward blends. I find many of them to be monochromatic and lacking complexity.

This might be blasphemy to some but it's not meant to disparage anyone who does enjoy them. Simply where my tastes are right now. I mostly reach for burley, VaPers, and Va blends these days. And at some point perhaps the pendulum will swing back the other way. Who can say?

Smoke what you like brothers. It's all good.

:)

Cheers,

RR