Check out my new tamper!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deepbass9

Reaction score
So, my friend is great with his hands. Top notch mechanic, woodworker...he does it all. So, last year I had a knife maker (Justin Gingrich...Ranger Knives..great guy) make me a custom skinner/gutter. Well, couple of months ago my boy asks for some pictures of it. Little did I know what he had in store for me. Crappy Droid pics, but you can make out some of the detail:

2012-02-13_17-53-29_156.jpg

2012-02-13_17-53-41_515.jpg

2012-02-13_17-53-52_182.jpg

Pardon the tobak bits. Check out the handle...he got the swells spot on!

Best part...the blade kills as a poker/scraper. Props to my boy, Eli!

Kudos to your boy! Good job and lucky you! Probably make a hell of a fine letter opener too.

williamcharles":ioke9lao said:
Kudos to your boy! Good job and lucky you! Probably make a hell of a fine letter opener too.
Puff Daddy":ioke9lao said:
That's a helluva nice piece there! What kind of wood is it?
Thank you, sirs!

But of course....briar!

You have every right to really be proud!! Not only is it a GREAT piece of work, it was made by your son !! Way ta go Dad :p

monbla256":pe6ntlja said:
You have every right to really be proud!! Not only is it a GREAT piece of work, it was made by your son !! Way ta go Dad :p

Yeah, well...not my boy boy....just my boy...ya know, great pal!

Deepbass,,,, that is a heck of a tamper. Gorgeous grain, fun shape.

Also, I have never complimented you on your avatar. That is one heck of a churchwarden. A bold statement, sir!

Thanks...it's one of my Boswell wardens. Great "easy chair" smoke.

Dave, that is an awesome tamp! Seriously one of the coolest carved tampers I've seen. :cheers:

That really is sweet. I think your pal could be in business. I could sure use something like that to fancy up my odd clutter of charred golf tees, half-melted pen caps, and suspicious-looking 22-250 casings.

That is cool nice work, a briar knife clever idea. :)

A very creative piece. Congrats on a nice addition to your collection! 8)

WOW that's a really nice tamper, I love how creative you can get with tampers.

Whoaa...approaching anniversary, dead-post resurrection!!

Ah..randomly snapped a pic to send to my bud and let him know how much I'm enjoying his fine gift...thought I'd share it with the newbies....

2013-02-04_21-41-05_142_zpsf702cb0b.jpg