Checkin' in from the Burgh!!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Diesel

Reaction score
Hey fellas,

New to BoB, my name is Ron and I am a 27 year old Pitt student from Pittsburgh, PA (home of the Steelers).

Due to the great success and joy I have experienced from cigar boards, I am trying my hand at the ol' pipe forum to enhance my knowledge of pipe smoking and to enjoy some new friends.

I have been enjoying blends from Gawith, Esoterica, Pease and a few other of the usual suspects.

I first fell in love with english blends, but have been having a divine experience (affair) with fuller VA blends. A lover of flakes I am!

Looking forward to making many new friends and learning a great deal!

Thanks for having me!!

hi diesel, hello all. i'm new here too so i'll just hitch along on your thread if you don't mind. big fan of flakes as well. addicted to perique in all forms. looking forward to meeting some new fellow pipe smokers. warm regards from texas.

Glad to have both of you here. I've only tried one flake and that was Dark Star. (at least I think it was a flake) I don't think I know how to do it yet so I'm sticking with Frog Morton and a New blend I found at Grant's in San Francisco.

Good luck with the piping, it is a long, beautiful trip.

thanks to all for the warm welcome! i hope to learn and perhaps eventually be of some use to someone else someday.

mauricio

Greetings from one board newbie to another!

Although I'm in Ohio, I'm only about 40 minutes from downtown Pittsburgh and about 25 minutes from Robinson. Can you point me to any good pipe and tobacco shops around town?

Thanks!!

-Greg

Hey Fellas,

Thanks for the warm welcome and Portasio, glad you could come along for the ride.

Just getting back to you guys as finals week is winding down. I am sensing a nice easy summertime filled with good tobacco and beautiful briar.