Checking In

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Irene Adler

Reaction score
This past year and a half has been a busy one for me and I really do regret not being around the boards more. I miss reading your stories and snide remarks; the BoB certainly kept me sharp and witty, if not also just a tad cynical, when I was around.

I hope all is well among everyone. Life has very much taken a turn towards the positive for me. Between successfully launching my full-time career as a photographer and artist as well as forming a band and taking the first steps toward an actual album, I am immensely excited about the possibilities the future holds. Honestly, more than anything, I've really wanted to share the news with my brothers here but have not had a free moment to sit down and write it up.

Life is good here and I'm sending the happy, good fortune in your direction. :cheers:

Happy to hear about the good news. :cheers: Let us know when the album comes out.

Congratulations on the good news! Thanks for letting us know.

I wish you the all the best and much success with your careers!

Keep us posted on the album debut, I'd love to have a listen.

Much success and stay well!

A career in photography these days is much different then it was say 20 yrs ago before the digital revolution. A long time friend of mine had a lucrative career and income from this for many years. Had his own studio, many clients to include several schools doing annual yearbook photos, weddings, family portraits, and the like.

Did pretty well until everything went digital and all and sundry discovered they could do it themselves. And with the digital editing and so forth his business crumbled.

I wish you well on your photography journey. It's got to be tough in this economy.

And I'll also look forward to your musical endeavors. Once an artist, always an artist.

Cheers,

RR

Lesath":0ad8nd38 said:
Portraiture or landscapes? Either way, it's changed so much with the advent of digital. Technology has opened some doors and sadly shut others forever.
Sorry it took so long for me to return and reply!

I mostly do portraiture. I love photographing people.
This is a photo I took of a local, 17 year old, singer/songwriter. She's incredibly talented and beautiful. =)

But landscapes are fun as well.

As for the music... I have a band now. =)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/H783njMdWcQ" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The Band: <3 (I totally took this using my camera and a tripod, and a friend's field of horses).

Left to right: Andrew Dack (violin), Sal (drums), and Chris Gifford (upright bass).
Me, and a horse.

Wow, that is some very exciting developments, keep us posted! I love the horses in the band shots, lightens it up just enough.

Irene Adler":thtr9ulq said:
Lesath":thtr9ulq said:
Portraiture or landscapes? Either way, it's changed so much with the advent of digital. Technology has opened some doors and sadly shut others forever.

I mostly do portraiture. I love photographing people.
This is a photo I took of a local, 17 year old, singer/songwriter. She's incredibly talented and beautiful. =)
Her eyes are simply amazing. Also, best wishes with the band.

Hey, nice work! Both the song and the photo. Was the violin player on a break for that song?

Glad to hear you're doing well. Keep checking in with us "old dudes" from time to time. You brighten up the place. 8)

Glad to have you back, and thanks a bunch for the pics and the video, we wish you much success. :cheers:

I used to get up into the Virginia Beach area more than I do now. Do you play any down North Carolina way?

Awww, you guys are too sweet.

WingRider":4rmo9hso said:
I used to get up into the Virginia Beach area more than I do now. Do you play any down North Carolina way?
I don't yet, but we may be booking a local-ish tour when our album comes out. =)