Checking In

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TMacphersonNH

Reaction score
Hey Gang. Just wanted to check in say hello to everyone. My new life consists of IVs, staring out the window, and reading on my iPad but can't complain. Hope everyone is surviving the winter. No pipes in here but enjoy reading everyone's updates. See you soon.

Tom

image.jpg

image.jpg

I rarely post these days, but I just want you to know you're in my thoughts and prayers as of late.

Our thoughts are with you brother. I would sneak you a pipe in and crack the window if I could. :|

Splendid to hear from you Tom, including and especially what you're going through right now.

Stay the course, damn the torpedoes and full steam ahead, as our brother in good standing "Stick" might say here.

And I would wholeheartedly agree. You're obviously made of sterner stuff than many of us here on BoB. We've never been put to that test, yet you have time and again. And yet you surface with a positive attitude in the face of adversity!

My highest accolades to you, my good Sir!

:cheers: :drunken: :rendeer: :king:

Cheers,

RR

Thanks guys. My hemonc told me "Not everyone survives your disease with a great attitude, but nobody survives with a bad attitude". I figure every day you can get up and fight is a good day. But I sure do miss my pipe!

Thanks for checking in. While we may not know you personally, we are with you through your ordeal. We are there in prayer and thought.

Let us know your progress and your feelings too.

We will do the piping for you til you can join us.

Laying there looking for the pity while you are being waited on hand and foot?  Really dude?     Hehehehehe

Seriously though we are all pulling for you.. And I'm with you in spirit.. I'm a little less than two months out from my next go.

Thanks guys. Looking forward to posting more and hopefully sharing a bowl or two with everyone. Puros: what are you going in for? Hope you are well.

Next phase is a Spinal Stimulator Implant. Nothing quite as serious as what you are going through but hey a morphine drip is a morphone drip..lol.

The Surgeon is still chief high muckity muck but I have a new Doc on my team. He finally explained why the surgeon wasn't doing anything for my left side..my left side is unfixable.
My right side however is possibly 'fixable' in the sense that they can lessen or alleviate the pain. I know it'd be cool to be able to be mobile without aid.

But again I was just trying to lighten your mood. I'm just battling to be able to function..sucks but worse case scenario I can live with a cane and move to colorodo so I can get off the synthetics.

Tom, very saddened to learn of your time in hospital again but full steam ahead indeed, thanks Rande! You got this my friend. Stay focussed on the good times ahead. We're all behind you Tom. You're an inspiration to us all.

Quick Tom... Look to the pain smiley face chart and pick a subjective number with 1 being singing songs about sunshine and rainbows and 10 being needing medical attention....

I hate that chart. With a passion.

Hope you have a spectacular nurses aide tonight!!!! Hang in there Bro, lots and lots of fans waiting around for pics of the nurses.... Errr I mean update on your wellbeing. :D :D :D

I got up this morning with a killer headache, stepped on legos on the way to the bathroom and wiped out when I slipped in the shower squashing my testicles. I complained long and loud, and now after reading this feel embarassed at being a total ass for not appreciating my luck.

Thoughts and prayers for both of you on your progress.

Thanks everybody! I've learned to take each day at a time here. The fevers, vomiting, and pain get a little old but other than that not much to complain about. Frankly I think squashed testicles sound a lot worse! Everybody here at the hospital has been absolutely fantastic and the care is remarkable. Somebody brought me a bag of Penzance as a motivator for me to beat this. So now I KNOW I'm going to kick some serious ass. See everyone soon.

Lol.. TMac if a bag of Penzance was all you needed I could have hooked you up...

Mark, I used to be all macho about going to the Dr.. All I'm saying is if you have the slightest thought that you might have hurt yourself get that looked at before it becomes something ugly.

Well good luck. I hope the pain eases up for you. Hope you are well on the road to recovery.

TMac, Are they doing anything for your nausea?

I know it sounds like a WTF question with all the other crap going on but I'm curious if they've developed anything that works.... Seemed like the only thing they didn't have a pill for when My mo-in-law went through all the cancer treatments some years back.

There are a quite a few good anti-emetics out there that really help with the chemo side effects. Unfortunately I'm on another medicine which seems quite resistant to their benefits. For the last 5 years I've been on high doses of colchicine for a genetic disorder which makes you sick about 6 hours a day. Combined with my other drug regimen for the cancer its an ugly little spud as Bill Murray (edited: Dan Akroyd) would say.