cherry tobacco

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
McClellands bulk Three cherry blend is pretty good and it burns well to, i have also hear people mention Cherry bomb and I think that is made by CAO?

As a huge fan of cherry flavored tobacco's I'll second Big C's McClellends Three Cherry Blend and also add Boswell's Pennsylvania Dutch Treat & Cherry Smash (givin proper drying time). If your into those kinds of tobacco's one that I just had gifted to me from 4 Noggins with my last order was absolutly amazing and will be getting more of for sure was one of there own blend called Lord Methley's. I'm not sure what berry it was cased with without looking it up but I was very impressed with it from begining to end of the bowl a very flavorful cool smoke with no bite. Don't forget to enter coupon code bob with your 4 noggings order to recieve 10% off if you order some.

I always enjoyed an occasional bowl of Gawith Hoggarth Top Black Cherry. That's a good quality Cavendish.

Some pipe tobackerly sophisticates (maybe two)--one a founder of a pipe club somewhere, if failing memory serves--swear by Paladin Black Cherry cut with Prince Albert.

:no:

The cherry that will likely get the most votes for quality is Boswell's Dutch Treat.

th_vomit2-1.gif

:lol:

Sorry, I had to. :heart:

8)

Kyle Weiss":sm2tktjw said:
th_vomit2-1.gif

:lol:

Sorry, I had to.  :heart:

8)
Thats funny cause I thought I'd expand my horizons and try some popular flakes & plugs to see what all the fuss was about.:evil: :evil: Not so good, I don't see how some of you can smoke the bacy's that you do. Leather tongue or absence of tastebuds maybe.:scratch: :lol: :lol:

I've not had much luck with cherry! I finally took all the different cherry blends I had accumulated and added equal parts VA and Burley. I can actually smoke it now without my gag reflex kicking in. But seriously some are better than others. I will agree with Boswells Dutch Treat being top quality.

Jim

I'll agree with the others who said PA Dutch Treat is the best... honorable mentions would have to be Evening Cordial from 4noggins and Cherry Cavendish from Pipeworks and Wilke.

ADDED: PA Dutch Treat is my absolute favorite tobacco... I still have quite a bit of it jarred for a national emergency. lol

Except for the price, I very much enjoyed Caminetto Barolo (and I don't 'do' aromatics).

I recently finished a generous sample of Uhle's Raider Blend that is a cherry blend with just a bit of Latakia - thought it was terrific.

There IS no good cherry flavored tobacco. If it is overtly flavored with cherry then it is NO LONGER tobacco...but some other odious substance entirely. For God's sake, don't put it into your pipe, or any pipe...get some real tobacco and smoke that instead.

Yeesh! The whole thing just gives me the Willies! :x 

Well now, I'm no chemist, but I would suspect that the process of making latakia or even stoved VA does more to change the composition of the leaf than a bit of topping. :p 

I'd imagine that turning VA or burley into cavendish has just as significant an impact on the leaf of course, which is after all the base for many aromatics.

I kind of get a hankerin for some cherry once every so often. Kind of like I get a hankerin for some liver and onions once a year.