cherry tobacco

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In The Words Of Blackhorese who":2mcb1fh5 said:

There IS no good cherry flavored tobacco.
If it is overtly flavored with cherry then it is
NO LONGER tobacco...but some other odious
substance entirely. For God's sake, don't put
it into your pipe, or any pipe...get some real
tobacco and smoke that instead.
SPOT ON!!

I smoked some sort of cherry blend back in the 60s ... awful stuff.

For satisfying a sweet cherry craving, may I commend the following to your attention ...

chocolate-covered-cherries.jpg

After that, smoke some tobacco ...

I was disappointed with Drew Estate Heirloom Cherry.  It smells great in the tin but smokes with just the faintest sweetness.  I had to leave the tin open for a few days, and the stuff still gurgles and smokes wet.

Im not a fan of cherry blends due to past experience with wet goopy blends. However, 4noggins' Lord Methleys is a great blend. I dont smoke it often, but do have a pipe reserved just for it.

I am mainly a Latakia smoker and yet enjoy a Cherry Aromatic now and again. The latest one that I tried is Cult’s Blood Red Moon. It is good. I also recommend Drew Estate’s Heirloom Cherry and COA’s Cherry Bomb.

LordTemplar":5hqwykaz said:
The latest one that I tried is Cult’s Blood Red Moon.
 :lol!:  I saw this thread and was about to ask if anyone had tried that yet. It seems that someone ought to be able to do cherries well in a tobacco, but I've yet to find any that's not a sweet, syrupy mess.

I started with Aromatics lasted about a week and moved on to English then Virginias, then Burley and have not looked back. I do smoke Plumb Cake a lot but I really don't consider it an aromatic. As far as cherry tobacco I have never been a fan of cherry at all let alone in a pipe. You will find that most pipe smokers will gravitate towards just tasting real tobacco. There are some ok aromatics out there but few and far between and most fall very short on the flavor and just smell nice out of the tin or pouch.

But hey smoke whatever you want I never judge and there are plenty of great fellas on here with tons a great info for everyone! And I lied I do like a cherry in my Manhattans!