china Piet!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bruins

Reaction score
piet sent me a care package which contained this beautiful Butz Choquin as a gift. he'd refurbed it personally, did some airhole adjustments also (might have been one of muddlers). it's just fantastic. smokes virginias like it was built for the blend. i quickly ran some FVF, escudo, and stokkebye bullseye through it. (sorry for the ash in the bowl, should have cleaned it out before the pic.)

piet also gave me a cd of his artwork, high def, which i'm really excited about. he enclosed a really great letter, where at the end he called me his china. his what??? i later learned china is SA slang for bloodbrother.

china piet, thank you so much!!! it's a epic gift and an epic friendship. i wish i had some of beebiz's super large emoticons. instead, accept my deepest thanks and appreciation!!! and merry christmas! though i suspect you're heading into summer...

(i put the rock in the pic so valky could wonder about it and postulate what kind of rock it is. he's got rocks in his head. i mean, he thinks about rocks.)

Once again, good on ya Piet! Congrats to you Bruins. That's a sharp pipe! :cheers:

Harlock999":pxayaauy said:
I'm liking the rock, and the pipe!

yeah, sorry harlock999, i meant to give you credit for the rock. i totally stole your idea. this rock is interesting. you see how thick it is, well if you could see the side, you'd see where water has dripped for a billion years onto it and worn a hole about nickel size all the way through it. i found it in a creek bed in southern indiana. this pic doesn't show the hole, obviously. i should have thought about that when i took it.

Well thanks Bruins , I'd love to be able to take credit for using rocks in photos, but I think a couple guys beat me to it...Ansel Adams comes to mind, I think he took snapshots of some rocks. You should see the pics I post in the other forum I belong to, "Siblings of Stones". OK, that's just lame...

Harlock999":88c5c80b said:
You should see the pics I post in the other forum I belong to, "Siblings of Stones". OK, that's just lame...
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

you were joking, right? wait, i think Valky belongs to that one. hmm...

Can someone post a pic of Piet's artwork? Is there a link somewhere I'm curious?

Nice pipe Bruins.

Well done brother Piet! :cheers:

Stogiegila":nyceb3za said:
Can someone post a pic of Piet's artwork? Is there a link somewhere I'm curious?

Nice pipe Bruins.

Well done brother Piet! :cheers:
www.art.co.za/peterbinsbergen

Very nice gift Bru. :cheers: Piet's all heart. :santa: So I just want to know how in the world you got that pipe and rock to hang on the wall like that? Holy smoly man, get a camera lesson from VE!! I didn't know which way to turn my head. Dang Bruins ruins everything! :x
pipe_p10.jpg

and yes I have bigger stones than you (even if they are in my kidneys) :oops:

Oh and yeah,

piet also gave me a cd of his artwork, high def, which i'm really excited about. he enclosed a really great letter, where at the end he called me his china. his what??? i later learned china is SA slang for bloodbrother.

I can't believe you fell for that. :lol!:
He told me he calls you that because there's a little kracken the china vase staniding in the hallway. :star: :star: :star: :star:

Falconer":rc5qzy3w said:
Oh and yeah,

I can't believe you fell for that. :lol!:
He told me he calls you that because there's a little kracken the china vase staniding in the hallway. :star: :star: :star: :star:
yeah, i knew the bloodbrother thing was too good to be true! i'm gonna have to double check this with BD and muddler. china! you valky, you're my Venezuela!

Congratulations on a beautiful pipe and on Piet's generous sharing of his artwork with you, brother Bruins!!!!!! Enjoy them both in good health, my man!!!!

My bloed broer, Piet... you, sir, are definitely a ledgend!!! I stand in awe and total amazement at your kindness and generosity!!! You are saluted!!!!!!!!
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Robert

Someone got me a China Piet once as a joke. So I followed the directions and soaked it in water for 24 hours. Then I took the seed pack and added water and made a green paste. Then spread it all over the china piet. And in a few weeks it had bean sprouts growing out of it.

eggman":efcoip2e said:
Someone got me a China Piet once as a joke. So I followed the directions and soaked it in water for 24 hours. Then I took the seed pack and added water and made a green paste. Then spread it all over the china piet. And in a few weeks it had bean sprouts growing out of it.
yea Egg, here we call them Sea Monkeys!!

Bruins wrote..
yeah, i knew the bloodbrother thing was too good to be true! i'm gonna have to double check this with BD and muddler. china! you valky, you're my Venezuela!

Venezuela! Norway man! Kuwait a minute...um then you're my Turkey! :lol:

New Smoker":pm4tvm8a said:
This crowd never ceases to make me laugh!

Congrats Bruins!

Well done Piet!

:cheers:
Ditto that!

:lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: