Chris Askwith's Weathered bone finish.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vaperfavour

Reaction score
I have two of Chris Askwith's weathered bone finish, two blowfish, and a cutty on its way. I thought people might want to see them. The long shank version is coloring like a meerschaum. I HI

GHL Y recommend thi s finish for a pipe.

Ive seen a couple from Chris in that finish and realy dig it. Its been added to my "its almost inevitable that i will buy eventually" list...lol.

The really cool thing about the finish is the way it changes color! Its like having a meerschaum but with the convenience of briar.

I will see if I can take a pic of the long-shank version to show how it has started to color....

Those are definitely very distinctive.
I'm a fan of natural finish pipes, both rough and smooth, and I can really appreciate those Askwith pipes.
Thanks for sharing.

Interesting indeed very cool a briar with meerschaum like qualities, ever evolving work of art. That bone finish is cool I had never seen such.

That's a great looking finish! I actually just received a small parcel from Mr. Askwith and will have to get some photos up! :)

This is way overdue...just have had a lot of things going on the past month or so...but here are the pics!

https://www.brothersofbriar.com/t16675-beautiful-morta-cavalier-from-mr-chris-askwith#202961