Chris Asteriou Shape #55

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BriarBeagle

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
Hi Bob's,

Just thought I'd share a few pictures of my latest acquisition that is on the way to me, after scoring a 30% discount at Neatpipes.com.  It's Chris Asteriou's take on the Castello #55 shape.  Pipe has a nice oval shank, a small bit of plateau on the underside of the bowl, plenty of birdseye, and a cumberland bit.  I'm pretty excited about it.  I've looked at this shape several times, but the Castellos get pretty pricey.  This one weighs in at 35g.  Sweet smokes, my friends...

PS, I'm happy to share the discount code if anyone sees anything they like on the Neatpipes.com website.  30% off sitewide!

CONGRATULATIONS....that's an eye catcher!! What a stunning grain and excellent choice on that stem. Hope it's a great smoker for many years to come :cheers::cheers:

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Loren, love the grain and the tasteful use of the similar coloured Cumerland that seems to flow naturally from the shank. Kind of like a Hawkbill to me. In any case you got yourself a fine acquisition, and 30% off isn't too shabby either!

8)

Cheers,

RR

Brewdude":o27pymxt said:
Loren, love the grain and the tasteful use of the similar coloured Cumerland that seems to flow naturally from the shank. Kind of like a Hawkbill to me. In any case you got yourself a fine acquisition, and 30% off isn't too shabby either!

8)

Cheers,

RR
Thank you, sir. Looking forward to it.

Very nice! I pondered that particular pipe about a dozen times. I decided at the asking price, that I couldn't live with the small plateau spot.
At 30% discount, I would have also grabbed it. The finish on the pipe is amazing on the screen, as is the stem.
If you don't have a Chris Asteriou pipe, you are in for a treat.
With Neat Pipes, you'll have it in about 48 hours.
Enjoy!

riff raff":zcdj8ufo said:
Very nice!  I pondered that particular pipe about a dozen times.  I decided at the asking price, that I couldn't live with the small plateau spot.
At 30% discount, I would have also grabbed it. The finish on the pipe is amazing on the screen, as is the stem.
Enjoy!
Thank you RR. I'm looking forward to receiving her. I couldn't pass up the deal, though it was by no means cheap (even at the discounted price). I even like the little bit of plateau on the underside of the bowl. I am fortunate to already have an Asteriou in my collection, making this my 2nd. My other is a small blasted asymmetric strawberry shape with bamboo shank extension. It is an AWESOME smoker! I contacted Chris regarding this pipe, as it does not come with an original sock. In his generosity, he offered to send one out to me at no charge. He's a great guy, and an excellent craftsman IMHO.

Best,

Loren

He made me the same offer as well!
I believe Chris said that one was in made for the owner of Neat Pipes (I can't remember his name).

BriarBeagle":nap68uu3 said:
riff raff":nap68uu3 said:
Very nice!  I pondered that particular pipe about a dozen times.  I decided at the asking price, that I couldn't live with the small plateau spot.
Enjoy!
Thank you RR.  I'm looking forward to receiving her.  I couldn't pass up the deal, though it was by no means cheap (even at the discounted price).  I even like the little bit of plateau on the underside of the bowl.  I am fortunate to already have an Asteriou in my collection, making this my 2nd.  My other is a small blasted asymmetric strawberry shape with bamboo shank extension.  It is an AWESOME smoker!  I contacted Chris regarding this pipe, as it does not come with an original sock.  In his generosity, he offered to send one out to me at no charge.  He's a great guy, and an excellent craftsman IMHO.

Best,

Loren