Christmas blends!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Briarbabe

Reaction score
Because I'm me and I love Christmas, I'm curious to hear what your favorite Christmas blends are. I might just try them all! I've had Christmas Cheer 2013, which I love, but I know there are more out there. Which ones do you enjoy?

I bought a couple ounces of Uhles Christmas Blend 2011 this year on a whim and I've been loving it. It's an aromatic, but definitely not goopy or cloying. To me, it's probably the best Christmas blend that I have tried in recent years, besides Christmas Cheer. I tried four Uhles blends this Autumn and loved them all, a feat I haven't experienced at other tobacconists.

Escudo Christmas blend, well that's what I call it.

ANY of the generations of McC's Christmas Cheer! ANY of them !!! :twisted: :twisted:

+1 for Christmas Cheer. It's good.

Now the best Christmas aromatic that I have smoked was Yule Pudding by a blender named Jack Lee. He used to post here but I forgot his handle... pipeinhand maybe?

Brewdude":5k1ljltx said:
McC Christmas Cheer for me. Arguably the finest St 'ginny anywhere!

8)

Cheers,

RR
+1.

I buy three tins every year - one to smoke, one to age for 3ish years, and one to stick away for a rainy day.  Granted, it's not "Christmas" in the sense that it's spiced/topped to resemble a pumpkin-clove-cinnamon stick-bayberry-peppermint-douglas fir aromatic, but it's still darn good smokin'!

idbowman":rses61hk said:
it's "Christmas" in the sense that it's spiced/topped to resemble a pumpkin-clove-cinnamon stick-bayberry-peppermint-douglas fir aromatic
That sounds bloody awful :affraid:

alandadp":c5572oug said:
idbowman":c5572oug said:
it's "Christmas" in the sense that it's spiced/topped to resemble a pumpkin-clove-cinnamon stick-bayberry-peppermint-douglas fir aromatic
That sounds bloody awful :affraid:

Good Lord...yes it does. I actually left out the word "not" (edited my post to correct it). Christmas Cheer is definitely NOT that - it's just a straightforward, quality Virginia.

My favorite Christmas pipe tobaccos:

Any McClelland Christmas Cheer
Boswell's Christmas Cookie
Uhle's Christmas Blend 2011 - the initial batch was so darn good they keep it as a regular offering.  Probably my absolute favorite of the Christmas blends!

Big G":fcdu5p3d said:
My favorite Christmas pipe tobaccos:

Any McClelland Christmas Cheer
Boswell's Christmas Cookie
Uhle's Christmas Blend 2011 - the initial batch was so darn good they keep it as a regular offering.  Probably my absolute favorite of the Christmas blends!
Yep, good stuff.

Simple Man":ao9sn3wu said:
I bought a couple ounces of Uhles Christmas Blend 2011 this year on a whim and I've been loving it. It's an aromatic, but definitely not goopy or cloying. To me, it's probably the best Christmas blend that I have tried in recent years, besides Christmas Cheer. I tried four Uhles blends this Autumn and loved them all, a feat I haven't experienced at other tobacconists.
This has also been my experience with Uhle's blends. Great stuff!

I have not opened my tin of 2014 McClelland's holiday spirit yet, but I enjoyed the 2013. I'm not an aro or virginia smoker, so I'm clearly biased. But the holiday spirit 2013 was a clean and tasty aro without goop, and none of that god awful vinegar topping. Based on what I have read 2014 should be similar. I also have been smoking a tin of C&D We Three Kings. It's not bad, but it seems to be dominated by a vanilla 1Qish flavor that I'm not loving.
This annual aro thing might be coming to an end for me this year. There are far too many things I like to mess around with stuff that at best is okay. Just my opinion obviously. But it is funny that you never hear an aro smoker say "I think I'll pick up some Black XX for the holidays."
Mike.

Cartaphilus":vd67iyd0 said:
Escudo Christmas blend, well that's what I call it.
Yes Ron, that's the only Christmas blend I'm going to smoke this Christmas. The main reason for me is because it's available right through the year :lol:

I did not order any McC Christmas Cheer this year, due to our postal no-service strike. But that's the one I love. Hopefully there will some left for me by the time the strike is over. Might just as well send 4noggins a message now, asking Rich to put some aside for me. So, thanks for the reminder, Briarbabe :cheers:

I really enjoy Holiday Spirit when I had it. But I'm out. So now I'm smoking Peterson's holiday blend. and liking it quite a bit.