Christmas came early this year - Handmade Pipe Rack

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skullnbones

Reaction score
So my father has been into wood turning for the past few years now and a month or so I mentioned to him that a pipe rack might be cool. Yesterday I got this in the mail.

WP_000235.jpg

WP_000227.jpg

WP_000228.jpg

WP_000226.jpg

WP_000231.jpg

It's a solid chunk of of olive wood finished with danish wood oil. I may be a bit biased here but it's the coolest pipe rack I've ever seen.

It's got my vote for the coolest pipe rack. That's great!

The fact he signed it and dated it is really heartwarming. I almost forgot people actually used to make gifts for people once upon a time, rather than beat each other over Chinese garbage. :)

My father-not-in-law does wood work (builds everything from bookshelves to guitars), and I, incidentally, mentioned the same thing. Probably won't get it for Christmas, but I'll be sure to post pictures once he's done.

Stuff like that is super meaningful, especially from parents: hold on to that sucker. 8) It's gorgeous.

Wow, that is beautiful! How about a shot without the pipes, I'm curious how he did the pipe rests. That is a fantastic rack!

Thanks everyone. I definitely is a new heirloom. It's one of the nicest gifts I've got in a long long time and it means a lot know that my old man made it. I'll post some pictures without the pipes in it this afternoon. Riff Raff, he told me that he used a Forstner bit to make the original channels, then used a die grinder with a carbide bit to carve out the rest for the bowls.

Now THAT is a beautiful pipe rest/rack!!! Damn fine piece of work. Hierloom is right. Who'd not be proud to own that? There's a lot of love in that rack along with some nice pipes.

skullnbones":xf89m3fr said:
Thanks everyone. I definitely is a new heirloom. It's one of the nicest gifts I've got in a long long time and it means a lot know that my old man made it. I'll post some pictures without the pipes in it this afternoon. Riff Raff, he told me that he used a Forstner bit to make the original channels, then used a die grinder with a carbide bit to carve out the rest for the bowls.
Interesting,thanks. I look forward to seeing those pictures.

Awesome! Not only a pipe rack but a centerpiece! If that were mine, I'd have it sitting out in plain view somewhere in my home for all to see. What an amazing piece of work and an amazing gift. Enjoy!

Wow, that is amazing and it looks like creating those pipe rests was no easy task!
I'm sure there would be a market for a pipe stand like that, every one would be unique.

Very nice indeed!
Always nice to receive a family made pipe of anything, but a pipe stand. Well that just rocks!