Christmas Cheer arrival in September

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ozark Wizard

Reaction score
OK, got the latest installment of McC's Christmas Cheer. Put one in the storm shelter right out of the gate. I have a corner down there underground for the special stuff. The other one, I opened, dried a few flakes, and have been sucking on like a newborn...

Good Grief, this is crazy yummy, at least to me. What have I been missing these years? I'm guessing this stuff is like a nice red wine, or a single malt....

Did I say yummmmmmm?

Yup. CC is quite fine, including and especially if one likes rich red 'ginnys at their finest. One of my special occasion bowls. And aged it's even more so.

Cheers,

RR

NOW you understand why McC's are the MASTERS of ginny weed !! NO ONE can touch what they can do with it !! Welcome to the world of smoking nirvana :cheers:

Christmas Cheer is good stuff. Now you need to get yourself some Blackwoods Flake. It's excellent right away, even better later on.

DrumsAndBeer":mje74250 said:
Christmas Cheer is good stuff. Now you need to get yourself some Blackwoods Flake. It's excellent right away, even better later on.

^^^^^^^This^^^^^^^ While you're ordering you should go ahead and order at least 6 100g tins of each. Some to smoke now, some to smoke later, and some to age for 5 years. You'll be so glad you did. :)

AJ

I've looked at it, sounds like a pressed version of 5100 and 5105...

Maybe next month I can grab a tin........

Ozark Wizard":n7vgr06d said:
I wish. Would have saved me a fat chunk of change. I am convinced that McClelland saves the finest VA's for their tins. Not that they're bulk stuff isn't good, plenty of it is quite good. But IMHO, nothing in their bulk straight VA line up comes close to Blackwoods Flake.

DrumsAndBeer":g15xs4n1 said:
Ozark Wizard":g15xs4n1 said:
I wish. Would have saved me a fat chunk of change. I am convinced that McClelland saves the finest VA's for their tins. Not that they're bulk stuff isn't good, plenty of it is quite good. But IMHO, nothing in their bulk straight VA line up comes close to Blackwoods Flake.
I have heard that one more than one occasion. I know I have not tasted a bullk McC's that could touch the Xmas Cheer. And though their 2035 is good, it's not quite Dark Star..

Hmmmm.......

Going to load some Dark Star now.....

BRB

Ozark Wizard":mxu0mng7 said:

BF I NOT like 5100 as it's got some stoved Va's in it and is pressed and fermented whereas 5100 is just a lovely flue cured Red Va in a ribbon form. BOTH are EXCELENT though different iterations  from the MASTERS of Vas!! If you really are a Va lover you need to have BF, DS, CC, 5100RC, and FM 2000 as a minimum stable of Va'son hand at ALL times  :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: Of course this is JMHO :twisted: :twisted:

monbla256":3njynzis said:
Ozark Wizard":3njynzis said:

BF I NOT like 5100 as it's got some stoved Va's in it and is pressed and fermented whereas 5100 is just a lovely flue cured Red Va in a ribbon form. BOTH are EXCELENT though different iterations  from the MASTERS of Vas!! If you really are a Va lover you need to have BF, DS, CC, 5100RC, and FM 2000 as a minimum stable of Va'son hand at ALL times  :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: Of course this is JMHO :twisted: :twisted:

I have some Dark Star, just got the CC 2015. Got samples of 5100 and 2000 a while ago, (2 grams each). Haven't got around to BF yet... The 5100 is pretty similar to my 4 year aged VA's I keep in my suit closet, though quite a bit sweeter than what I have. The 2000 seems topped. Still good though.....

Yup, overall CC is my favorite pipe tobacco. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

I usually always have a tin open, as well as a tin of McCranies Red Flake. McClelland blends the Red Flake as well, so you know it is going to be a superior Red Virginia.

Now I have to order a tin (or two...) of CC! My next TAD order is already too large!

I buy two or three every year...one to smoke, one (at least) to age.

I should probably get around to ordering it soon.

Boy oh boy I am sure enjoying this tobacco.......

Ordered another tin with more Blackwoods Flake in a rather out of control TAD.....

Pretty sweet Ginny weed!!!

I have been smoking some Blackwoods Flake in the Pirate Clay that Dr. T sent me. The clay adds a little spice to an already superior blend, almost as if it had a little Perique added.

It's amazing how many variables there are to discover, when exploring this hobby.

I am fixing to try a bowl of Christmas Cheer in the clay. I have read that Red Ginny's are great in a clay.

Maybe I should get a clay pipe. Don't have one of those, what would you recommend? Like a tavern pipe?

Good Ginnyweed in a clay is absolutely out of this world good!!!! I have several of the "Williamsburg" type tavern clays. I find Burley smokes well in them also!!! :cheers: FTRPLT