Churchwarden Tobacco

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteelyJ

Reaction score
Just curious, what do you prefer to smoke in churchwardens?
I have a MM Wizard Cobbit Churchwarden, with a really deep bowl. Just wondering if any tobaccos seem well suited for churchwardens.

It all depends on the bowl, and your tastebuds. I prefer Red Cake 5100 in my Stanwell Hans Christian Anderson #2. They just go well together.

I like pretty much everything but aromatics. Just curious if some tobaccos seem to benefit from the longer churchwarden.

I have a 10 inch Benton that does an admirable job on Balken Sasieni. I have two 8 inch semi-churchwardens. The first, a Savanelli King's Cross featherweight is my go-to pipe for tobacco that is on the moist side. The second is a Cobbit dwarf that smokes anything, but really loves Prince Albert. All three have seriously small bowls.

Pretty much anything that tends to bite is better in a church warden. I prefer them, and they are the bulk of the pipes I make. Aromatics tend to be sweeter. There is less chance of getting goop in your mouth. They also tend to allow a more relaxing smoking session, as you cannot dangle the pipe from your mouth, so one hand is busy, thus, you have to just relax and smoke. AND, the farther from the fire, the cooler the smoke....