Churchwarden

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nathan_58":qqnvcc77 said:
Clinching: Sure you can, until you fail to pay attention and the thing acts like a spring board with ash and cherry flying all over!
The pipe that got this really started for me was one that Crusader Pipes Tim gave me for Christmas. It has a walnut bowl and an 8" long vulcanite stem. I've learned to not smoke it while driving and to hold it when if I'm smoking it while I am walking. It really can get to bouncing and, as you say, throwing stuff out.

Nathan_58":qqnvcc77 said:
yes, my wife does say I'm trying to look like a Hobit.
Tim gave me the pipe for Christmas and it was unfinished so there was no need to include tobacco but that didn't stop me from walking around with it in my mouth. The family said it looked so natural. So far no Hobbit comments.

Nathan_58":6gqxvpzm said:
Cleaning: There are church warden size pipe cleaners at your local shop.
Nope. I have no "local shop". The nearest B&M that sells anything beyond Drug Store fare is 40+ miles away. Thus, I look to you, the Good Brethren, for guidance.

While I'm curious about Churchwardens, I also realize just how oafish I can be. Not too much of a stretch to imagine poking myself in the eye with the stem.

:pirat: