Ciao from the sunny Pacific Northwest

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

giacomo

Reaction score
Well, at least it is sunny right now.

I've been smoking pipes and cigars (though mostly pipes) since '99 when I received my first of both as birthday gifts in an effort by my then girlfriend to get me to stop smoking cowboy killers (it worked famously). The pipe was a Savinelli Champagne 413KS which now resides in my cabinet next to a number of Custom-Bilts. The cigar was an Ashton I believe.

My tobacco tastes are pretty varied.

Some of my all time favorite aromatics include Flying Dutchman (when I can find it), Troost Sp. Cav., Dan Tobacco SVH, St. Bruno, and Revor Plug. Does Stonehaven go here? Who knows. I'll put it here though god-knows-where I'd buy it anymore.

I am constantly searching for a good English and/or Balkan blend. I've recently been enjoying Wilderness, Gaslight, and Pembroke. Things I squirrel away as often as possible include Penzance, Squadron Leader, and Balkan Sobranie (the new one by J. F. Germain & Son).

Virginia blends are a mixed bag for me. I really hate the "cigarette taste" I get from time to time. All time favorites here include Long Golden Flake, Marlin Flake, and Union Square.

Tobaccos that are currently on my wishlist include Fribourg & Treyer Golden Mixture, St. James Flake, Grousemoor, and aged FVF. I didn't care for FVF the first time through, so I'm on year 3 of aging and may pop the tin at 5 to give it a go.

That's all for now! Happy puffing.

Benvenuto alla fratellanza.  

(Wow--Flying Dutchman.  Is that still around?  I remember that as a great, almost exotic aromatic with a shag cut.  I really liked the taste and aroma.)

flying10.jpg
" />

Richard Burley":1iddrjfz said:
Flying Dutchman.  Is that still around?
Last I heard it was available in Germany, though that was a few years ago.

I ran across some on ebay recently though this tin is from the 80's (at 2.80 Fr. I'm guesstimating).

The tin art on mine is the same as the one you pictured.

DrT999":7lkk2e8b said:
Welcome, Giacomo!  I hope you enjoy your time here
Thank you sir!

DrT999":7lkk2e8b said:
Richard, I'm not sure if it's the same blend or not

I think that might be it, at least in its current incarnation.

I recall that the German site I viewed about 3 years ago only carried it in the pouch and the large tin as well.

Shipping costs from Deutschland kept me puffing away on Troost Special.

Brewdude":547by29y said:
Welcome to BoB giacomo, from a fellow PacNW brother
Cheers indeed.

I just don't know what to do with all this sunshine. I had a cigar the other day I was so confused.

Briar Spirit":5uzsmaoh said:
welcome to BoB.  :cheers: :sunny: 
Cheers mate!

You Brits keep blending that Revor Plug and I'll keep smoking it.  :D 

Welcome aboard Giacomo from a fellow Northwesterner.

RobJ":dneehisf said:
Welcome aboard Giacomo from a fellow Northwesterner.
Ciao Rob and thanks.

I think our climate lends itself beautifully to a bowl of baccy. Especially in another month or so.

Yep. Nothing quite like a nice pipe on a brisk autumn evening imo.