Cigar Clippings Redux

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Orson

Reaction score
I save my cigar clippings and pipe them later with a bit of cavendish flake. I would enjoy hearing from others who do the same and perhaps pick up a recipe or two. All input is appreciated!

I had a few cigars dry out really fast and split, and I cut it all up and saved the leaf. Mixed it with some straight Burley, about 50/50, and about threw up. Nasty sh*t. It wasn't until I learned that cigar leaf is better left as a "spice" tobacco, no more than 20% of the total (I gathered, anyway). Once in a while I'll mix up some lackluster tins with about 10%, maybe a dash of Latakia, just to not waste my leaf. Cigar leaf can, the right leaf in the right amount, give a great mouth feel and very subtle flavor.

Other than that, I'm not Greg Pease, so a stellar hand with cigar leaf I do not have.

8)

Kyle got "Educated" in blending. I always have a jar of ground Nicaraguan Maduro leaf on hand. Lately I'm spicing Storm Front. Definitely tastes better than the ketchup MacClelland's puts into all of their tins.

I am very fond of (OK almost in love with) cigars from the LQ House of Cigars in the Dallas area. They used to be on St Pete Beach in Florida, which is where I found them originally.
I admit, I save the dog ends of the cigars and crumble them into a pipe to get the very last drop of goodness from them.
I really do have a disorder, don't I?

Chris

That is really sick man. The dog ends..... Trust me, I know what ails ya. Probably caught it from me. Have a coffee grinder dedicated to the dog ends of my delicious sticks. Dog ends have the most flavor kick and really add some zing to a pipe tobacco.

I'm on a fixed income and have to try and extend my $s but I would'nt do THAT !! Kinda like an Aro smoker taking the dottle from a goopy Aro and re-using it in another bowl ! Some people :twisted: