Cigar Excel Rating Sheet

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

momus

Reaction score
So I've smoked cigars for years. But in the last few years have been getting more serious about them. With so many brands, sizes, etc. it can be hard to remember which ones I liked and for what reasons...especially if I am buying just one at a B&M. But now that I finally have delved into the dark sucking forces of Coolidors (must buy more boxes...must buy more boxes...they will keep forever...buy more...), I decided I need a better way to track what I like. Plus it would be cool to be able to filter my ratings of cigars compared to country of origin or brand (do I like Honduras or Dominican Republic better, for instance. I'd say Honduran...but you never know until you are systematic about it). If I smoke enough, and avoid mouth cancer, after a few years I should be able to tell, in a very nerdy way, what sizes I like better, what wrapper (Ok..maduro..don't need to figure that one out), etc. And I can compare this against other data to see my niche better. Excel is an easy way to track all this. So I started up a spreadsheet with the pertinent stuff I wanna track. I'm tracking: Brand, Country of Origin, Specific Name, Wrapper, Shape, Size, Gauge, Flavor (Mild, med, etc.), my ex Cathedra rating, subjective price (cheap, expensive, etc), and taste notes.

Funny thing is I have no desire to do this with my pipe tobacco. I see no need too. I suppose its different because with pipe tobacco you're buying at least 2 ounces...and with all the bowls you smoke of each blend, by the time you are done, you know if you like it. Plus, it seems easier to figure out exactly what I like. Maybe its also cuz its so cheap as well and I'm not too worried about breaking the bank on a bad purchase. Although I felt like I got robbed last time I went to Tinder Box....ugh...Washington State laws....

I'm glad to hear someone else keeps track of their cigars too. I've been recording my cigars since 2009. I have five volumes of records. It reminds me what I have smoked and what I thought about it, but it has also demonstrated how my tastes have changed over the years.