Cigar Leaf Blends

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unless I misread, no one has mentioned Robert Lewis 123 Mixture yet??? Fox's Bankers Blend? These are both extremely good Cigar Leaf blends that should be on anyone's short list of blends to try containing cigar leaf. GLP Robusto is also a great choice of course, particularly with some age. I have about a half pound left of the first run of Robusto from 2002 and I can say that at ten years old, this stuff is as smooth as a baby's bottom. Another decent one that no one has mentioned is Pipeworks&Wilke's Churchill. While milder than the others I have mentioned, Churchill has a very dry (not sweet) taste that reminds me of an earthy cigar like La Flor Dominicana makes.

-Scott

Just reading about all of the intresting comments and opinions makes me want to try all of these blends, as I have not had any of them (although I do have a few tins in the old cellar of :JJ Fox Bankers blend and Robert Lewis 123 Mixture both from 06). I also consider myself a Cigar guy and enjoy a good Stogie from time to time so many of these blends do sound very tasty to me.

Steve