Cigar-leaf type pipe tobaccos?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NeroWolfe

Reaction score
I am a long time pipe smoker (40 years), focusing primarily on Virginias. But, as time goes on, I am enjoying cigars more and more; generally Connecticut wrappers, medium strength. I know that there are various pipe tobaccos blended with cigar leaf. Any suggestions of such pipe tobaccos?

Add your own favorite cigar leaf to your favorite pipe tobacco. I do and I like what I smoke. My leaf comes from a Partagas Black Label Magnifico. Dark oscuro leaf and wrapper. Try the cigar and then grind up just a little because you will get lots of leaf from about an inch of a cigar. I also like C&D Billy Bud.

Thanks, Chaps....Also, indeed I know how to do a search, but it is so much better to get personal recommendations as well!!! Regards.....

Well then, here would be my recommendations:

If you like an "English" style blend with cigar leaf I'd go for 'The Bankers' or 'Key Largo'.

If a Burley (sweeter and no Latakia) style blend would suit you (my favorites by far) then I would suggest 'Stormfront' (my current favorite smoke of anything) and 'Stogie'.

Maybe a Virginia blend with cigar leaf but no Latakia? I'd go for 'Virginia Spice'.

Just google the name of the blends and maybe add the word 'tobacco' and you'll find 'em.

Of course there are others, but those should get you started.

Good luck! And, as always, we love to hear back on your opinions, etc.